Saturday, September 18, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Paper Piecing

Another chance to use a Pure Innocence image--Yeah! They are one of my favorite paper piecing toys. Part of my PI images are stamps and part are digitals. I think the stamps are so much easier to use when paper piecing but the digitals are great because you can alter the size. Today's is a digital and I made her larger than usual.  My inspiration was a little book I bought some time ago for a friend and her birthday is coming up next week. It is called A Birthday Wish for You by Chris Shea. It is a sweet little story with whimsical drawings about a bouquet of birthday balloons and what each one means. So, of course, my card needed to have a balloon too!

After everything was done except gluing on the main image I realized I had not used the kraft I had intended to use for the base. So a quick change of plans--for her belt, instead of black as I had planned, I braided some twine and created a little kraft belt! The yellow dots were 'recycled' from the confetti all over my desk created by the border punch I used for the background strip.

Hope she will make my friend smile!

So happy you could stop by,
Sharron


Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence (digital), Daily Designs Sentiments (PTI)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bubbles Sunflower (The Paper Lady), Bumblebee-Crushed Velvet (Doodlebug Designs), Holiday Vintage Prints (PTI)
Additional: Rustic Twine (PTI), Vintage Button-Ripe Avocado (PTI), Copics, Glossy Accents, Embroidery Thread

6 comments:

Nerina said...

Oh Sharron - this is totally and completely DARLING! Her little dress is adorable and the glossy balloon is just the last word in wonderful! What a great card!

Aimes said...

What a sweet card! Love your paper piecing and especially your recycled element - those dots really add to the fun!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Rhonda said...

Love her dress and custom belt! The use of confetti on the white pulls it all together.

Terri said...

Super cute! Love her dress. Great way to sneak in the craft too. I bet your friend will love it.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Sharron, this card is absolutely adorable. Her dress is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us!

Sarah Martina said...

Can't tell you how much I love this! Cuteness at its best! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!