Saturday, January 21, 2017

Darnell's NBUS #8

Still having fun playing with digital images! This is for Darnell's NBUS #8 challenge. A very special one too as this is Darnell's 5th Blog Birthaversary!! It's really an honor to help her celebrate. Plus I have so many supplies that would qualify. That's a great reason to keep a New Year's resolution to not keep ordering so much! I'm really enjoying the colored pencils though and have just worked on an order for more. Supplies shouldn't count--right!!



I've used an image from Sassy Cheryl's called Gabby's Marvelous Adventure. I have a weakness for anything with books or a reading theme and sometimes buy things that then get added to my never ending stash. This was one of those! The sentiment is from another SC image. I have never used any paper but white before so this was a first.


Your visit is always a blessing. Thanks for coming by,

Sharron

7 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Gabby is adorable! Beautiful pencil coloring, Sharron! And oh my, you got those colors bright on the kraft paper. Wonderful!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. I also love anything having to do with reading or books. I can see one of your grand daughters loving this card.

Darnell said...

This is adorable, Sharron! I love her legs - just like real kids sit and there is nothing as heartwarming as seeing a youngster with a book! (Or anyone with a book nowadays, huh?!) So, did you like how your coloring turned out on kraft? I think you certainly did a beautiful job and managed to get great vibrant colors! Thank you so much for joining in my celebrations and playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh how CUTE is this!! This could totally be Penelope, she loves her books and will often sit with them all scattered around her!! Terrific coloring Sharron!

Anita in France said...

So cute, Sharron ... this little girl with her books piled around her is so beautifully coloured ... and so adorable ... love it! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Sharron this little reader is so darling colored on kraft - and those comic books are priceless - OH nearly: 5 cents! - and colored so beautifully! xx
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron this image is adorable and your colouring on kraft looks wonderful, love the gentle shading on her rosy cheeks!