Saturday, May 31, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions: May, "In the Navy" with Joyce


PHOTO BY KARA
Hi and welcome to another reveal of the 12 Kits of Occasions. It's summer and the theme is 'In the Navy'--featuring things that have a nautical theme and can work for those masculine cards that are sometimes harder to make. Our wonderful hostess is Joyce, Cards-by-the Sea, and you can see by looking at the picture above that she sent us an awesome collection of supplies. There are great stamped images and patterned papers and those very cool die cuts. The complete list of supplies can be found here. And when you go visit the 12 Kits blog, be sure to check out who this month's special guest designers are--and yes, there are two!! Links to the blogs of all the participants are on the 12 Kits blog also.

I did use a couple of things not in the kit--two PTI dies. For this first card I used the Notched Star Banners. 


And for this card I used the Phrase Play #4 die. I just got it with my last order and thought it was a fun way to use the patterned papers Joyce sent. I also used some coordinated red and white polka dot paper that came in the kit to decorate the inside. Aren't these papers great!


Another wonderful die cut!!








Thanks so much for dropping by! Perhaps we have will have helped you with ideas for Father's Day or some other occasion where a masculine card is needed.

Thanks again also to Joyce for an amazing kit! 

Hope you enjoy the hop,
Sharron

15 comments:

Kara said...

great cards Sharron! Love the 'end of your rope' card and the enjoy summer...so cute!! awesome cards this month!!

Renee said...

They're all fabulous Sharron!
Love the ENJOY summer card...
and those stars on the 1st one...
perfect! :)
My room is all over the place and couldn't find anything...
hoping it's back together by the end of the week...
but Joyce sent a fabulously fun kit and I still have lots left over to play with! :)

Joyce said...

Fabulous collection of cards, Sharron. Love them all. Great idea on the first one to use that star banner. I cannot believe there is a PTI die that I don't have (LOL). I really love what you did with Phrase Play, and that speech bubble on your next to last card is fantastic.

Cathy Weber said...

Oh wow Sharron...you made some great cards with Joyce's kit...love the You are Knot Alone card...great idea to tie that twine across the middle of the card...love that one! I also love the Phrase Play card...great idea and love the little crab you added to it.

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...just a fabulous collection of fun cards! Your second to last card is my favorite (but I do love them all), I love your sweet lifesaver with the rope and that sentiment...just perfect. Enjoy your weekend!

Marybeth said...

The nautical star banner is perfect for this kit,love that card! Love your rope card with the knot...gorgeous! Love all the crisp clean looks you made here . Beautiful collection. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron - you knocked this one out of the park girl! Wow! I love the stars on the banner on the first, the lifesaver with the twine bow. I tried cutting another color on mine and it just didn't look right - jealous that yours turned out so well!!

Darnell said...

Sharron, you did a marvelous job with Joyce's amazing kit! I can't even pick a favorite! I have to say, though, that I love that tiny crab on the corner of your ENJOY card! Hugs, Darnell

Sherrie M. said...

It was so much fun playing along with you all this month! You have such a fun collection of cards Sharron! Love how you incorporated the waves and what you did with the flag/banners. I have the notched banner die too and will be pulling it out to CASE your fab card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Sharron, I love all of these cards!! They're all so crisp and fresh, you really rocked the nautical theme of the kit!!

Julia Aston said...

what a great kit and what super card designs you came up with!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron these are all so fabulous! I just love how you added the sailboat to the Happy Birthday sentiment. The phrase play is awesome.

JD/ Jill said...

You did a fabulous job with this month's kit. My favorite is definitely "the end of the rope" one.

Lindsey said...

Sharron, these are fabulous. I'm especially loving your enjoy card and your knot alone card...and I'm excited I still have some supplies led that I think I can use to CASE them. :) (Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words. They were much appreciated!)

The Paper Parade said...

I love how you made such creative use of the banner patterned paper and added the enjoy die! I think my favorite is the square coverplate card. You really made masculine look beautiful this month!