Saturday, November 30, 2013

The 12 Kits of Occasions: November "A Gingham Christmas"

PHOTO BY KARA
For those in the States, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and to my Jewish friends--Thanksgiving and Hanukkah! Can't believe that the year is almost over. The 12 Kits of Occasions group will be spending these last two months celebrating Christmas and Winter. This month's hostess is Kelly, Gingham Girl, who treated us with the most amazing kit. This photo above gives you an idea of all the fabulous goodies she included. The photo was taken by Kara, KandRdesigns, who continues to wow us with these awesome collages. Kelly's kit included so many fantastic supplies. I think I could have made a dozen projects. Today's post is only cards but I'm anxious to work on tags soon. Bet I'll see some wonderful samples on today's hop!

I loved the papers! And for my first card, I used two of the included die cuts--a string of tiny lights. I decorated the tree with the red ones and then went back and added a red rhinestone on top of each light. Funny thing happened with the sentiment though. I had it laid out with 'Merry and Bright'. The 'and Bright' piece mysteriously disappeared before I could get it glued. I'm pretty sure the dog ate it!!!


I did add a couple of die cuts that weren't in the kit. Both are from Memory Box. In each case it was after I got the card done and thought it needed something else. For this one I added the strip of music.


And for this one, I added a penguin!!




There is so much to see that I'm sure you'll want to be on your way to check out what each of the 12 Kits members made. We also have a special guest designer this month and a little drawing where you might win some of this gorgeous paper. Just think of all the wonderful Christmas projects you could start on! 

Click HERE to connect to the 12 Kits blog. There will be links to all the other blogs plus a list of kit supplies. And be sure to visit again in December when our hostess will be Jessica at The Paper Parade.

I'm so happy that you stopped by. 
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sharron

13 comments:

Renee said...

Sharron these are all so fabulous!!
I love the music notes with the little pup...
especially with that sentiment it's perfect!
And the penguin...
they are all so gorgeous...
you did an amazing job with this awesome kit! :)
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are feeling much better!
Hugs!!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are all fabulous, Sharron! I love the music notes with the cute pup! TFS!!!

Kara said...

awesome projects! i love that little penguin and the die cut music...awesome!

Marybeth said...

Sharon I love the bling on the lights . Your dog card with the added music is adorable! Love the way you used your new ovals, gorgeous card! Sometimes things disappear on me and the dog is not even in the room. Wonderful and amazing projects! Not sure how you made all these not feeling well.

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Sharron...you used the new stitched ovals! That looks fabulous with all the stitched snowflakes and cute little penguin! I also really love the music notes you added to the little scottie dog! That was such a cute touch. Great job on Kelly's kit this month!

Kelly S. said...

OMG I love the penguin with the icy cold snowflake card! What perfect additions all around, that scottie looks like he's whistling a happy tune as he walks along :)! That chalkboard tree looks amazing embellished, I never even thought of that! And oh the classic Christmas card finale with the touches of holly and the big red bow. AMAZING creations, Sharron! :)X0

Amy Kolling said...

Penguin alert!!! Fabulous addition to this card and my favorite of all! What glitter did you use on those snowflakes? It's amazing! I like how you made your own little additions to this kit!! Happy Holidays!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, I love love love the baby its cold outside card with the sweet little penguin and the snowflakes! And then the stunning tree with the red ornaments is a close second :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous, simply fabulous Sharron! Your festive tree is amazing and I will be cas'ing this one...I had no clue what to do with those lights and yours take is fabulous. Love it!
Your sweet little dog is just precious, love that little bell around his neck and those music notes are just the perfect addition to your fabby card.

Joyce said...

What a fabulous group of cards you made, Sharron. You seem to be back in your old form--all recovered? I love how you decorated that tree--those rhinestones are the perfect added touch. I laughed at your dog eating your sentiment. Now that I have a puppy, I am very familiar with stuff like that. And, your card with the strips of paper and the dog--just fabulous, and I think that strip of musical notes looks perfect. Your penguin card is making me cold--and I spy some stitched ovals and glittery snowflakes, too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron a gorgeous collection of cards, you always add just the right amount of extras. I love how you put the gems on the bulbs of the garland. The stitched ovals are gorgeous!

Christina said...

What a fantastic set of cards this month, Sharron! Your story about the dog eating your sentiment is so funny, too. I love the strips of twinkling lights on the chalkboard tree, the music notes you added with the Scottie dog, and the wintry feel of your penguin card. The sparkles on the snowflakes look especially pretty! Your last card might be my favorite, though. The bit of pattern peeking out from behind the sentiment and the holly leaves tucked behind are just perfect!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh looks like you had lots of fun this month. These are really neat Christmas cards - I like the Chalkboard look - so unexpected - EEK and that little Scottie!!