Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Scott!

I made this card this weekend for our son-in-law who is an AVID sports fan. And since this is football season, I thought he would like something in the colors of his favorite NFL team, the Kansas City Chiefs. Who, by the way, are so far having a super season!


Love how well the Lil' Inker Pieced Chevron worked for this. The feathers are WPlus9 dies and the sentiment is from On the Line by MFT. I glued two feather die cuts together with some twine in the middle. The twine was threaded through a hole in the circle and secured with a brad. A birthday sentiment from SS Birthdays by PTI is on the inside. The red color seems a little off but I couldn't retake my picture as the card was already in the mail!

Thanks for dropping by,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: On the Line (MFT)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, True Black, Harvest Gold, SS White (PTI)
Dies: Pieced Chevrons (Lil' Inker); Fanciful Feathers (WPlus9)
Additional: Twine (Martha Stewart); Brad (Basic Grey); Onyx Black Ink (Versafine)

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron fantastic masculine card and I love it that you used the team colours!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the bold and chevron on this masculine birthday card. He is sure to love this custom card.

Marybeth said...

I bet Scott love this card as much as I do! We have a SIL Scott as well. Love the colors and the feathers are perfect for his team card, love this Sharron!

Joyce said...

Fantastic design, and how appropriate for a card made for a sports fan. I love this idea--could be school colors or whatever. Always on the lookout for a great design for a masculine card. Oh, and did you redo your blog? Looks great--very fresh.

Kara said...

what a cool masculine card!!

Renee said...

Before I even read the post I thought to myself "Chiefs!!" :)
This is fabulous and I know he will love it...
it's perfect for his team of choice!:)

Kim Heggins said...

wow....Sharron this is one fabby card! How fun to make it for a a sports team, when I first saw your card I thought it was for the Cleveland Indians but wrong colors. I am so happy that I have this die and will be CASeing you on this! AMAZING!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! This is FABULOUS! I love how you were able to portray the team on your card! So clever and creative!

Darnell said...

How inspired is this using the Chiefs feathers for your card, Sharron! The whole thing should be turned out into posters for the team!! Hugs, Darnell