Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oh Happy Day!!!


There's a fabulous event over on the Lil' Inker blog. They are having a first ever challenge hop called the Sunny Days Challenge Hop! And see this inspiration photo below. Doesn't it just make you think of summer--sunshiny bright and happy--with time to relax! Lil' Inker has the most amazing dies and stamps. Many are perfect for this wonderful challenge. Hop on over to see all the inspiration from Laura and the design team! 


You have through June 2 to enter so there's lots of time. Oh, and there are awesome prizes! So don't miss the chance to win some Lil' Inker goodies!!

For my card I started with my very loved and most used dies, LID Stitched Rectangles. This is a must have set of dies. I don't have the squares yet but they are very high on my wish list! The focal point is using the LID Mini Pinwheel--so easy and fun--and perfect for double-sided patterned paper. I used papers from a 6x6 pad called Paradise Beach. So great for summer, don't you think! The sentiment is from LID Sun Sentiments.


This card was so easy and fun to make. Hope it makes you smile!

Thanks so much for letting me share,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Sun Sentiments (Lil' Inker)
Cardstock: Spring Moss (PTI); Ultra Smooth Premium White
Patterned Paper: Paradise Beach (Echo Park)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Mini Pinwheel (Lil' Inker); Double-ended Banners (PTI)
Additional: Onyx Black Versafine Ink; Rhinestones (Queen and Co.); Brad (Stash)

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Holy Sharron I love this! Beautiful card and great pinwheel.

Joyce said...

Sharon, this is just perfect in every way. I love that double sided paper, and how you have layered the mats. And, of course, the fun placement of your sentiment. This one is getting pinned.

Rhonda said...

Oh what a fun card Sharron! The stitched frames and the double-sided pinwheel are adorable.

Kara said...

so fun!!

Marybeth said...

LOVE IT! which I thought of using the pinwheel ! This is a perfect sun y day card! I just got my squares in the mail today . I loved the rectangles so much ,don't know how I made cards without them.

Renee said...

Perfect!
I just love it...
that pinwheel is absolutely fabulous!
And why did I think it ended this Sunday...
duh!!
There's another week!
I'm telling you it's the kids...
all their fault!
I may have time to try another idea I had...
because I can't refuse using these fabby dies...
Laura has the BEST!! :)
Hugs!!

Laura Pryor said...

Sharron, this is fantastic!!! I love your pinwheel and use of Stitched Rectangles! I am so happy to see your beautiful entry! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Taheerah said...

Wonderful card Sharron! Great pinwheel and great colours!! Thanks so much for joining in with the Lil' Inker Designs Challenge! :-)

Debby said...

Oh this card certainly does make me smile! Perfectly captures the feeling of summer. Thanks for joining in the fun with Lil' Inker Designs :)

Alyssa S said...

LOVE! The use of all the stitched rectangles is so fun and fantastic! Thanks for joining us for the Lil' Inker Designs challenge :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, this is so cute and I love your patterned paper...just too cute with your pinwheel.

Suzanne said...

Hi Sharron!!! I love this!!! All those rectangles look perfect layered together and the pinwheel die is one of the best ever. I hope all is well! How are your beautiful papillons doing?

Amy Kolling said...

Sharron!!!! This needs FRAMED! I love this so much....I think it's all the layered stitched mats!!! Goodness....it's just a beauty!