Edited to add this entry to the WMSC for this week!!
My VERY late Waltzingmouse Waltz entry
I was playing around with ideas for this week's WMSC and remembered Julia Aston's card where she cut off the top of Cicely's hat to make a pilgram hat. SO here is my Thanksgiving card!
I decided to do it in gingham--just because gingham is such fun. The sentiment is from the new Say It Loud-Winter Holiday set. I know I'm going to love it as much as the original one. The only thing I struggled with was the buckle. I didn't have a real one so created this out of paper. The silver part is cut with a 3/4" square punch and the center is the smallest Spellbinders Square die.
Time to go visit all the other entries--know there will be lots of inspiration there! Here is the link to Claire's blog with info about the waltz and a link to the forum.
Have a wonderful week!
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Gingham and Co., Say It Loud-Winter Holiday (WMS)
Cardstock and Patterned Paper: Summer Sunrise, True Black, Vintage Cream, Autumn Abundance (all PTI)
Additional: Woodgrain Impression Plate (PTI), Memento Ink, Ribbon (May Arts), Silver Uniball Pen

21 comments:
I just bumped my head when I fell off my chair...a GINGHAM PILGRIM'S hat for this sketch!!!! How awesome is THAT?! Love the little buckle. The leaves and sentiment pairing just set this card of perfectly!
This one is going to be a winner! I just know it. Cutting off that top of the hat was genius! It totally looks like a pilgrim hat. So perfect for Thanksgiving. You did a great job and so neat you could use it for the sketch and the waltz!
This is such a fab card, I love the gingham Pilgrim Hat, and the colours are just perfect. A truly perfect Thanksgiving card.
So clever to turn the witch's hat into a pilgrim hat! Love it!
Sharron this is FABBY!!!
LOVE that gingham hat!!
Everything about it is just perfect...
the colors...
the patterns...
that sentiment!!
I die!
And to fit this weeks challenge in too...
awesome!!
I thought of Julia when I first saw the sketch...
but I wasn't thinking like this...
this is just spectacular!
Love this pilgrim hat for a thanksgiving card! Super idea!
Cute idea.. not many pilgrim references!
Love the gingham have - so clever!
Brilliant - love the gingham Pilgrim hat and the gorgeous banner of leaves. Lovely!
I am so glad you made it to the Waltz, because I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on your Pilgrim hat. It is the best!! And I love the simplicity of the rest of the card.
What a FABULOUS take on this week's sketch - I LOVE your card!! - just perfect!
Love this! It's a winner for sure.
oh my this is adorable, I luv the pilgrim hat, very cute,,,hope you have a super day!
enjoy *~*
How clever of you to modify the hat! Your card is adorable and I love that stripe of stamped leaves!
A very cute pilgrim hat Sharron and a great sketch card! love the colors and Thanksgiving theme!
What a cute, clever hat! Looks just perfect on this clean & simple card!
This card is amazing! I love the pilgrim hat, the colors, the beautiful sentiment! Wow, just lovely! Great job taking on the sketch this week at Waltzingmouse!
Karen, this card has it all! The colors and the crisp feel are just perfect. Great take on the sketch!
Congratulations to a Top Mouse - well done!
Big Congrats on your win! From one "Sharron" to another! LOL When I saw "our" name in the list of winners I thought........I don't remember entering this one. LOL Surprise was on me! LOL
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
What a cute card. Congrats on your win!
Post a Comment