Such a FUN sketch from Claire! This is the second card I have made. I just couldn't not do a witch's hat!
I tried a different approach with the ribbon. Hope it gives the look of a ruffled brim. For the sentiment I used Labels Eleven and cut an opening from the patterned paper, then added a separate layer on top. I didn't intend for it to look like a 'pumpkin' but after I took the picture it was the first thing I noticed! Still not sure if I like it or not! The sentiment is stamped in black and clear embossed. The Melon Berry color looks so much better IRL. Lots of problems with the lighting--had to work to get the detail and rhinestones to show up against so much black. The hat is black cardstock--black ruffled ribbon covers the brim and gold embossing with rhinestones complete the top. The clear rhinestones were colored with a Copic marker to get the matching purple. The wispy pieces at the top were cut from a puffy ribbon.
Hope you enjoyed your visit--please come again!
Smiles,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Hocus Pocus (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Royal Purple, Melon Berry, True Black (PTI); Haunted House (Best Creation)
Additional: Labels Eleven (Spellbinders); Embossing Powders-Clear, Detail Gold (Ranger); Ribbons (LSS); Rhinestones (Queen and Co.); Memento Ink-Tuxedo Black; Copic Marker, Uniball Pen-Gold

11 comments:
Oh Sharron! This is one elegant witch hat! She must only bring it out on special occasions like Halloween! LOVE how you did the BRIM, and the gold embossed bat snowflake (hee) is PERFECT! Awesome patterned paper choice to set it off!
Brilliant - I really like the embossed background and the witch hat is so elegant - love the ruffle ribbon!
A wonderful little feminine witch hat Sharron! love the lace brim!
Another gorgeous, creative one!!
I love that lace...
so fabby!!
And the embossed background is PERFECT for this card!
Another uber fabby card Sharron...
it's just awesome!
We're cold here...
I don't know if we've quite hit the 60's yet...
and it's so dreary...
I just want to climb and bed and stay there. :)
What's it like your way?
Oh Sharron, that is so cute, made me smile a big broad smile all over my face! (okay, TMI :)) I love it!
Now that's one fabulous way to use the ribbon!!! Love that witch's hat - now that's a witch with total style :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x
What a cute card and hat!! I love the Thanksgiving card and hat on your other post too!
Gorgeous, a wonderfully spooky card!
Now that is a stylish witch! Love your use of ribbon! You were truly inspired this week:)
Beautiful card! love the lace brim of the hat!Thanks for joining us at WMSC!
Great interpretation of the sketch. Love the witches hat.
Post a Comment