Thursday, September 1, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #62

When I got this set out a couple of days ago to use the window for another challenge, I also wanted to use it for this week's WM sketch challenge. After visualizing what I wanted to do, the colors I would choose for my tag just didn't seem right---at least until I cut my tags in half! Both images are embossed with clear embossing powder. Because I like to wrap my ribbon around to the back, I added another backing layer to cover the  ends. I have begun to think of fall and Christmas--maybe it will help bring cooler weather!

So glad you took time to peek at my creation. Have a great day!

Sharron 

Supplies
Stamps: Twas the Night Before Christmas (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Stamper's Select White (PTI
Additional: Tag Sale #2 Die, Red Pearls (Queen and Co.), Clear Embossing Powder, Twine and Ribbon from Stash.

9 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Simple but oh so sweet! I just love this idea for a tag, and the colors are wonderful! Would be the perfect addition to a masculine gift!

Cathy Weber said...

I think this is such a nice tag Sharron, and I laughed when I read what you said about cutting it in half. I had never seen this stamp set and think it is wonderful. I love that the elements are on a slant!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful CAS design for a holiday tag! I love the colors and that trim in the center is so pretty! Great job!

Renee said...

Sharron it's fabulous!!
I love the magic and wonder it alludes to...
simple and stunning!
I really need this set!!
*giggle*
And yes!
Cooler days!! :)
We're forecasted for a day next week not leaving the 70's...
I hope, I hope, I hope!!
And I really enjoyed the "smiles"...
thank you so much! :)

Clare said...

beautiful tag! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : )

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely!!! I really like the flying sleigh - and it's getting closer!!

Terri said...

Great tag! Love the ribbon and the colors too.

Unknown said...

Cool idea with the tag, I like that diagonal look. And be still my heart, I haven't started any holiday things yet at all! Love the WMS stuff.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love how you slanted the sentiment to mimic the slant of Santa and his reindeer, and the colors are POW, love it!!