I think blue and red are great colors for baby boys. Love the soft blues and happy reds! So I opted to use this challenge's colors and stripes for a baby card.
I started with the set of thin stripes using Background Basics: Retro and then decided to add the broader stripes on the ends. The rocking horse is colored with Copics but unfortunately my selection of blues is rather limited. Wished I had an even lighter shade of blue for the horse. Hope he looks okay anyway!
We just watched one of the 9-11 specials--the one showing the video two film makers did as they were following the members of one fire station crew and just happened to be there on Sept. 11. I had seen parts of it before but it truly is amazing as it is partly filmed inside one of the towers. All the memorial services today were so beautifully done and it is especially wonderful to see the New York Memorials completed and open. I'm sure they help offer some comfort to all the families and friends. My heart will always go out to all those who lost someone that tragic day.
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you a wonderful week,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Rocking Horse (KaiserCraft); Background: Retro, Daily Designs Sentiments (PTI)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI) and an unknown blue from stash
Inks: Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Broken China Distress (Ranger)
Additional: Mat Stack 1 Die (PTI), Pure Poppy Buttons (PTI), Embroidery Thread, Copics

4 comments:
Sharron it's fabulous...
love those stripes!
And I think the rocky horse looks great in that blue...
would have never realized if you hadn't said anything...:)
Going to see The Help tonight...
I'm late I know but a friend wanted to take me for my b-day and just getting our schedules together...
well we're finally making it!! :)
Can't wait to see it because I've heard they did not vary from the book too much...
hoping!
I LOVE this, Sharron! The colorful rocking horse and the stripes behind the focal mat are just PERFECT for a special little one! Thanks for the very SWEET comment you left on my blog, it's good to be back :)
Such a super sweet card. The stripes and the colours are perfectly perfect!
Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!
Great baby card. Love the stripes.
Post a Comment