Thursday, September 15, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #64



For this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge I am again using my Twas the Night Before Christmas set. I really do have other WM stamps! But it's fun to get a start on Christmas and I didn't get a chance to use this much last year. Besides, I really LOVE it! Today I used part of the 'A visit from St. Nicholas' verse stamped on Spring Moss. The three images are from a Stampendous set called Santa Trio. Actually I had forgotten I even had it. I was in Kansas City a couple of years ago and stopped at a couple of scrapbook stores. At one they were having a Make and Take with this set. I didn't have time to participate but bought the set and then put it away after I got home. Gosh, is everyone guilty of having too much unused "stuff"!

I colored with Copics and used a Snow Marker to add the puff on the hat. The sentiment at the bottom is embossed in silver.

I love having visitors--so glad you stopped by!

Smiles,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Twas the Night Before Christmas (Waltzingmouse), Santa Trio (Stampendous)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, True Black, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Additional: Memento Ink, Copics, Silver Embossing Powder (Ranger), Rhinestones (Queen and Co.)
Snow Marker (3M), Uniball Silver Pen, Foam Dots

12 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love this Sharron. The santa hat and other elements are perfect.

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I am sooo excited about Christmas...hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Renee said...

Sharron...LOVE it!!
I love this stamp...
and you used it in such a fun, creative way!! :)
I can see it going to one of your little ones...right?
It's fabby Sharron...
a great take on this challenge...
and I'm so glad you got a chance to play! :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love your card Sharron! I have this set on my list for this next release, that poem will be so good for Christmas cards, both focal point and backgrounds. Your coloring on the Santa hat and boots was perfect. I have to check out that snow pen. Never heard of it, but I think I am going to need it!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Absolutely fabulous Sharron! The text bg is so perfect for your card! Great coloring too!I have also started making Christmas cards and I agree - it is so much fun and feels like you have lots of new stamps again!

JJ Bolton said...

What a fun card! The copic coloring is wonderful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So cute! Love the Santa hat and boots added to this poem. I too, have bought that set and yet to use it! Thanks for reminding me about it. Great job on the sketch challenge.

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to comment on this truly adorable Christmas card. I love the way you combined the fun clothing items of Santa's with the poem! It looks absolutely amazing. Thanks for playing along with the challenge! We appreciate your participation and support!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Sharron, what a darling card! Love how you used the Twas the Night Before Christmas image! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Pauline said...

A gorgeous card, love the fun hat and boots, a fabulous composition!

Julia Aston said...

What a great Christmas card - love santa's boots and hat!

Terri said...

Nice job with the sketch, Love the puffs on the boots and hat.