Friday, August 5, 2011

Make-It Mondays Challenge #26: Decreasing Apertures

This week's MIM challenge is using decreasing apertures. Click here for the video featuring Jennifer Ellefson. Gosh, I can see so many ways to use this technique! And I LOVE the effect!! If you haven't entered yet, take some time to go through your dies and see what you can come up with. I used Mat Stack 1 with two dies from the Vintage Ornaments Collection. Inside is an image from Tiny Treats: Christmas. Used a little patterned paper called Hanging the Lights--it goes perfectly with Ripe Avocado. A button with a twine bow is added as the hanger. Below is the inside of the card. I used two dies from Limitless Layers here as I needed a backing since I colored with Copics. I like the added color inside though! 
It rained here!!!! Still hot but such a blessing to have moisture.
Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Tiny Treats: Christmas (PTI)
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Hanging the Lights (Karen Foster Designs)
Dies: Mat Stack 1, Vintage Ornaments Collection, Limitless Layers 1 3/4 (PTI)
Additional: Memento Ink; Copics; Glitter Pen for Stars; Divine Twine; Ripe Avocado Button (PTI)

5 comments:

Kara said...

so cute with that chubby little santa!!

Renee said...

LOVE it!!
A fabby card...
and doesn't making a Christmas card just make you seem cooler? :)
We got rain too!
Cooled a bit but still so humid...
but supposed to cool some next week...
about time!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

LOVE this! Haven't tried the MIM challenges but this one is intriguing.

Terri said...

Super cute! Love the way it looks with the ornament die. I will have to remember that closer to Christmas. Glad you finally got some rain.

Tracey McNeely said...

Really cute, great aperture.