The Make It Monday Challenge this week is Impression Plate Tricks, hosted by Erin Lincoln. There are several PTI impression plates on my wish list but for now I have only one :(. So today I decided to use a Sizzix Embossing Folder. This is a fun and relatively easy technique and I love the effect. The only hard part was lining everything up and keeping it that way! Several pieces of artist's tape really helped.
I got out my button dies, which sad to say I had never used. And I decided to use fun foam (a material I tried for an earlier challenge) and paper. Using both is a great way to add dimension and still have a card that can be mailed.
I love these weekly challenges. The videos are wonderful and even if I don't have time to participate, I still have a chance to learn something new.
Be sure to check out all the fabulous examples from this week.
Thanks for visiting,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits, Everyday Classics (both PTI0
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold (both PTI)
Patterned Paper: Material Girl (Cosmo Cricket)
Additional: Button Dies, Mat Stack 3 Die (PTI); Sugar Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Embroidery Thread, Memento Ink

10 comments:
Sharron I love it!
Love the colors and those buttons are adorable!
I was thinking of you today when I drove by and saw some day lilies :)
Hope all is going well with you...
one of these days I'm going to get caught up!
Started rereading all the Harry Potter's waiting for the last movie release...
but then also started a new thriller today...
I'm in a book slump...
can't seem to find one that just "grabs" me...
but I have hopes for the I started today!
This is soooo pretty, Sharron, love the yellow, and that Mat Stack makes such a perfect "window" for your balloons!
Sharron, oooh, love this! This mat stack is one I don't have....yet. It is the perfect frame for the balloons! Love all the dimension of this card>
Oh this is beautiful. I love the yellow..and the balloons are so cheerful and happy.
Great card! I love your choice of impression plate and die-- looks great!
Fab job with that technique, Sharron! Love the bright and happy colour combo too - definitely a celebratory card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
Love your card! The colors are beautiful and the embossing folder goes perfectly with them. So bright and cheerful and fun!
Great job! Love the embossing folder you used and the button balloons!
Fun card, Sharron! It's so cheerful! :)
Oh I LOVE the colors and patterns on this! I don't think I have ever used the balloon image from Everyday Button bits, I can't wait to try this idea out, soooo cute!
Post a Comment