Monday, May 23, 2011

Saying "HI"!!

Good Morning Peeps!

No card or anything visual to post so I am just saying 'hi'! These past two weeks have been a blur! Things started with our daylily club having our big Spring Sale. Then came arrangements and plans for our trip to Wisconsin. Hubby has been working with Science Olympiad for years now--starting as a coach at the high school where he taught, then working with the State meet and then the National. He prepared and gave the Ornithology Test this year for the middle school kids at National. I had never gone with him when I was working so this year I went and helped with the grading. It is a fantastic program where middle and high school students can be recognized for their achievements in math and science. Forty seven states were represented this year and with over 7000 people there it was an amazing and crowded event!

We took some extra time to visit various areas in Wisconsin plus do some birdwatching. The meeting was at the University of Wisconsin in Madison--huge campus and a beautiful town. And I have never seen so many bicycles!

On a sad note, our almost 15 year old Sheltie was sick while we were gone requiring many phone calls between us and the lady who came in to take care of him and also the vet. He still is not taking his meds and doesn't seem to want to eat much of anything. We thought it just might be stress because we were gone and our other dogs were at the kennels but this morning he is not much better. One of the hardest and saddest part of having pets is when they are getting old and health issues start coming up. I thought I would just watch him for a day or so and then have him go back to see the vet.

Looking forward to getting back to stamping and doing something creative soon! And I will take some time to visit blogs and see what you all have been doing.

Have a wonderful week!

Sharron

3 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, Sharron it was so great to hear from you!
I'm so glad you had a great time in WI...
7000 kids!!!
Whew!
I'm tired just thinking about it! :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your Sheltie though...
hoping that he recovers soon.
Hope you have weathered the recent storms well...
definitely thinking of you being in KS this time of year!
We get the remnants and just happen to be getting some right now...
luckily they're dying down before they're getting to us but so much rain!
Take care and talk to you soon!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Sharron,

You have been busy! Madison is a second home for us. Our oldest daughter attended the college there and has made Madison her home since graduating. Lovely place to walk and ride a bike! Sorry to read about your dear Sheltie. I do hope he perks up for you. I know what you mean about pets stressing out if you leave them. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations soon.

Terri said...

Glad you have been busy doing fun things. I am sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he will get better soon