For the March Blog Hop we are challenging you to use embroidery floss in a fun and inventive way on your project. This could include stitching, wrapping it around and tying it like ribbon, braiding, accenting tags, embroidered patterns or anything else you can dream up!
And for the Make It Monday Challenge we are to add color to non-neutral cardstock.
So I ended up with a card that can qualify for both! I started out by embossing the large images side of the In Bloom impression plate on Spring Moss cardstock. I chose the smaller flower (imagine how long it would have taken to do the large one!!) and used yellow embroidery floss on the outlines. At first I was going to sponge some color on but decided that highlighting with a Copic marker worked better. The Harvest Gold layer is embossed with the other side of the impression plate. All supplies are PTI except for the ribbon from my stash.
Enjoy the Hop and thanks so much for visiting!
Sharron


17 comments:
This is beautiful! What a great idea to use the In Bloom IP. You did a great job coloring too.
This is so lovely! Love the colored flower and the stitching and the perfect butterfly finishes it!
Sharron, truly beautiful.
Love the color combo, the coloring and how you stitched around the flower!
Our Spring weather disappeared around here...we turned the heat back on!:)
Hope your is continuing!
Wow, how pretty! Your stitched flower is wonderful!
Wow! Fantastic job. ;-)
i love the stitching and shading on your flower! very pretty :)
Beautiful! The use of the floss is great too!
Sharron your flower is stunning. The shadowing and stitching give it wonderful dimension. And I love the idea of the complimentary embossing from the same plate. This is one gorgeous card.
How Beautiful your flower is! Love the stitching outlining it. Very pretty.
Ooh, a woman after my own heart! In Bloom is one of my favorites, and I love the stitching around this beautiful flower!
Lovely job with the stitched flower!
That's a lot of work Sharron but so worth it. Beautiful.
Very pretty! Love the stitched flower!
Sharron--WOW! You idea of highlighting the embossed flower with stitching and copics is inspired! It almost looks like a watercolor of a flower! Spectacular job!
such a pretty card, sharron! i just LOVE your beautiful flower:)
whow very pretty great job on the stitching
Wow! I actually said that out loud when I saw your card. The flower is so graceful with the way you stitched and colored it.
Sorry for the late comment; I'm still hopping through the posts.
Post a Comment