Saturday, January 8, 2011

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #23: A Thank You to Terri!!



Hi all! Time for a new PTI Peeps challenge--the first in 2011 and we were to make a thank you card. So this card is for Terri! She is the one who set up the blog for us and does all those routine tasks that keep it running so smoothly. She also tracks all the birthdays and posts those beautiful cakes. Thank you many times over, Terri, for being such a dear and supportive member of the Peeps.

I wanted to do the card in some of Terri's favorite colors so I am hoping the turquoise and red are good choices! The design is pretty simple but I am so enjoying the many new dies available from PTI so used some of my favorites. I tried something new (for me) with the embossing folder and embossed the unfolded card a little off center of the middle so part of it shows on the back of the card. I decided to add a sentiment just below the embossing on the inside and this still leaves room for a little note at the bottom. The sentiment on the front is my first Verve stamp. After Rhonda posted a note about their end of the year sale, I thought this would be a perfect time to sample her stamps. I have especially admired the beautiful sentiments so ended up buying three sets and they really are wonderful!

Thanks for visiting! Terri, I am mailing your card to you by snail mail today--along with another big thanks and lots of HUGS!

Supplies
Stamps: Daily Designs, Around and About Sentiments (PTI); Thankful Accents (Verve)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy 
Additional: Ribbon (American Crafts); Snowflakes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Plaid Embossing Folder (Sizzix) ; Limitless Layers, Mat Stack 4, Fillable Frames 7 (all PTI dies), Rhinestone (Queen and Company)

8 comments:

Aimes said...

This is such a fun card, Sharron! I love that colour combo and your dry embossing is fabby!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Rhonda said...

Well done Sharron!!! I placed another Verve order last night.

Terri said...

You are so sweet! I love it. Those are my favorite colors. :) I look forward to seeing it in person too.

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo pretty! Looooove that pop of turquoise! :)

Unknown said...

What a great layout, and the colors are so pretty. Turquoise is such a cheerful color!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super card! Love the embossing and how it is seen on the inside. So often we tend to hide one side. This worked out well for making this card.

Sharon said...

A beautiful CAS card Sharron, just love it and the colours are perfect!

Nerina said...

Wow this is so crisp and beautiful! I love the embossing and your layering of die cut shapes ... the final design has so much punch!