Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time to Party!

How about a 'no special occasion' party card! Just wanted to try out this Verve set. And I thought this might be a great guy card to have on hand. The balloons are such fun and so easy to color. I cut another frame from Plaid embossed Hawaiian Shores cardstock. I guess you can tell I really like this die combination (see recent posts!).

How has your week been? We had freezing rain last night. It started just as I left for my Zumba class and the car was all iced over when I got out. After much scraping and driving at a snail's pace, I made it home safely. I don't mind snow but the ice is just too scary. Luckily today is warmer and sunny so hopefully the weekend with be clear.

Thanks for stopping by,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Party Time (Verve)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores, Fine Linen, Pure Poppy (all PTI)
Additional: Mat Stack 4 Die (PTI), Fillable Frames 7 Die (PTI), Spellbinders Circles Die, Copics, Silver Embossing Powder (Ranger), Lines and Circles Embossing Folder (Sizzix) 

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great guy card Sharron. Did you link it to the Verve site? I won a $15 certificate today through the Show us your Verve. Is the Zumba class a hard workout? Glad you are home safe and sound.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Sharron, I like balloon images and those are very different in shape and style. Great card! Not so sure about your weekend as the Colorado winds blow your way and we are to have snow on Saturday. Enjoy while you can!

Nerina said...

Love these colours and the way you've coloured the balloons - they definitely have a stronger more masculine feel! The embossed sentiment is gorgeous too! I'm so thrilled you made it home safely - freezing rain is *so* scary!!

Terri said...

Great guy card. Cool balloons too. Glad you made it home safely. It snowed here last night too. Thankfully I was not out in it though.

Heather P. said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound! Ice is definitely no fun to travel on!

Love your card, the colors are fabulous together!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic card...the images you used are fantastic for a masculine card. Well done - all the way around.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Sharron! Love the bright color combo and the silver embossed sentiment :)

Cammie said...

A no occasion party --the best kind of party. And this is a best kind of card! Love the frame and the bright colors. Glad you made it home safely.