Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PTI January Blog Hop



This month's hop is highlighting PTI sets that have seen little or no ink and are in need of a little love. I have had this Quilter's Sampler Additions set since it came out and probably used it once or twice. I also have a pad of Guidelines 1 Grid Sheets paper that was used once.  When I decided to use this stamp set for my card for Katie Renz and began stamping I realized how easy it was to create a pattern and I ended up making this card also.

One of my goal is to begin using my often hoarded patterned paper! This is an Ocean Tides sheet from Friends 'Til the End. I really like Ocean Tides with Berry Sorbet so the Waltzingmouse hearts are cut from BS cardstock. I used those because I like the stitching around the edges. The sentiment is from the same WM set, Sewing Box: Hugs.

For the quilted effect I first tried an impression plate but the image was light so I went through my embossing folders and chose Sugar by Sizzix. I altered the sandwich so it would not give the usual deep impression and it worked really well--very cloth-like IRL!

Supplies
Stamps: Quilter's Sampler Additions (PTI), Sewing Box: Hugs (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Friends 'Til the End (PTI)
Dies: Double-ended Banners, Banner Borders Die (both PTI)
Additional: Inks (Ocean Tides, Berry Sorbet-PTI), Aqua Mist Button (PTI), Copics (R20, R22, BG10, BG72), White Embroidery Thread

Now I'm off to enjoy the hop!
Have fun,
Sharron

30 comments:

June K. said...

Very lovely card. Gosh, looks like a lot of work. thanks for reminding me that I have the grideline cardstocks (both of them). I need to use them.

June K said...

Oh, P.S. Love your furry babies.

Aimes said...

You and me both! One day we'll use enough fabulous DP to buy some more - tee hee!
I love the way you created a truly quilted effect - so clever!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kay D said...

I LOVE your embossing on that delightful pattern (clicked on the pic to make it larger so I could see better) it really does look like fabric!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this certainly is a fabulous, homespun card!!! Love the colors and patterns and textures you've included here, well done!

Rhonda said...

I need to use this set!! LOVE the quilted idea. Looks great Sharron.

Mary said...

definitely has the look of fabric - great texture and colors. love this whole card!

Cammie said...

Sharron, I love the texture you have added and the colors you have used. The WM hearts are perfect for this card. Beautifully done!!

Jen Carter said...

The embossing looks so cool on this card!! Super cute!

Terri said...

Great card! I need use this set more too! I especially like how you embossed it. Very clever. I bet Katie will love it.

Nerina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharron! I can't believe how beautifully your stamped and embossed impressions echo a quilt - and have never seen anyone else do this before! Your colours are so comforting and lovely too!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful! With the embossing it looks just like a homemade quilt!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! what a bright and happy project!!!

Chris said...

Fantastic! The embossing makes it look so soft and touchable. Lovely card.

Pat said...

The embossing really makes it look like fabric. Great touch!

Ann said...

Love the colors & that sweet sentiment!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOWZERS Sharron! Such a beautiful card! Love the patchwork quilt! Such a warm & cozy feel :)

beckynoelle said...

beautiful card!

ChristineCreations said...

Precious! A wonderful quilted effect!

Stephanie said...

The first thing that I noticed was the embossing......It struck me as "perfect" for the quilt pattern and I can just imagine it looking 10 times better in real life. Stunning card with the lovely colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!

Annheidel said...

Love the texture on the stamped quilt!

Renee said...

Truly lovely.
I love the embossing to add that *quilted* texture to it...noticed it first thing.
Beautiful colors...beautiful card

Kelly S. said...

Just got this set, and am so happy to see your card for more inspiration! LOVE the swiss dot embossing over the top. Excellent coloring on your pattern, WOW!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you used the embossing folder to make it look like cloth! FAB detail and well worth the effort! Great color combo, too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card! I thought you had stamped on fabric until reading how you made it. Very, very pretty! And you are right! Those WMS hearts are perfect with this set.

Christina said...

So excited to see another card using the quilt blocks! The texture you added with the embossing folder is amazing, and I can't wait to try it myself. Beautifully designed and colored!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Wonderful--it really does look like real fabric! Great coloring too!

Chris L.

Linda Suarez said...

Pretty card. I love the embossing effect! Thanks for sharing.

Taheerah said...

Wonderful quilted effect, great card!