Thursday, December 2, 2010

Keep Christmas in your Heart: WMS Challenge #25


I have been so out of touch! Finally went to the doctor last week and got started on a couple of meds. He thought my allergies had turned into a sinus infection. Normally this isn't much of a problem but it has been years since I have had anything this severe and after three weeks I am so happy to be feeling better. 

My card today is using WMS Seasons of Love (LOVE the beautiful detail on these) and I used the current WMS sketch. The heart and the star in this set can be used for so many things other than Christmas. The heart and snowflake are embossed with white diamonds embossing powder. It doesn't show very well in the photo but it is very sparkly due to silver being mixed in with the white. The dry embossing on the green was highlighted with a silver pen. I had first brushed it with Fresh Snow ink. I like how the white gives the look of velvet on the dark color. The snowflake was cut with the smallest PTI snowflake die and then stamped with the snowflake from the WM set. How wonderful to be able to combine products!

Hope you are having a good week! I had ambitious plans to have all the Christmas shopping done this week but sadly got less than 1/3 done. But partial success is better than none! Right!!

Have a great weekend,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Seasons of Love (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Pinefeather (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Mitten Weather (Cosmo Cricket)
Additional: Snowflakes #4 Border Embossing Folder (Sizzix), White Diamond Embossing Power (Judikins'), Snowflake Die (PTI), Circle Punch, Fresh Snow Ink (PTI), Brad (Basic Grey)

6 comments:

Aimes said...

Fab take on the sketch, Sharron! I love that it sparkles too ;D
Good luck with the rest of your Christmas Shopping!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Helen Berry said...

Sharron this is a beautiful card - I love the Seasons of Love set too! The colours you used are so pretty together. Glad you are feeling in better now and have a lovely, healthy christmas!!

Terri said...

Great job with the sketch. Glad you are finally feeling better too. Hope you get the rest of your Christmas shopping done soon.

Deborah Frings said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the colours - very elegant.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the non-traditional holiday colors on it. Hope you are feeling much better now. I'm just starting my holiday cards but I'm going to 'enjoy' making them and not rush it. They will get out when I'm ready to send them.

Nerina said...

I love the greens on here and the gorgeous swirl of snowflakes behind the focal heart are so elegant!