Hi All! Finally taking a few minutes to post this card. I knew exactly what I wanted to make when I saw Aimes' post for the Peeps challenge. I wish it was always like that! Anyway, I was so glad to be instantly inspired and got my card done on Friday, using the colors from this week's PDCC. Then, unfortunately, my two-week fall allergy condition turned into a major sinus problem on Friday night. Lots of congestion, pressure and pain added to the runny nose and sneezing. I hate how wiped out it makes me feel. After a trip last night to the drug store, I am doing a little better today and even got a bit of house cleaning done. Yeah!
I've been having such fun with all my new PTI dies! Seems my stamping budget is now being used more for dies than stamps!! For this card I stamped some Melon Berry cardstock with the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" stamp from Background Basics-Christmas. The little mouse and piece of wrapped candy are from that set also. Then I used the tree die to cut my negative image. For a background I used Spring Moss cardstock and decorated the tree with a simple embroidery stitch to sew a garland and added melon berry buttons. Another die easily cut the ornament and I attached it with a copper brad and some Spring Moss ribbon. Sentiment is from KaiserCraft.
As always, love that you stopped by,
Have a super week!
Sharron

14 comments:
Love this, Sharron!!! What an adorable Christmas tree and a fantastic use of a negative!
Sorry to hear your allergies have been making you feel so icky - hope you're feeling better now!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
Cute holiday card, creative use of the buttons! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.
Wonderful design with the tree cut out! Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.
This is so pretty! Love the text background, the beautifully decorated tree, and how you stamped the sentiment on the ornament (oh, and the cute mouse, hee hee ;)
Glad you're feeling better, sinusitis is horrid! Love the buttons on your tree, and the little mouse is so cute! Thanks for playing in the cafe with us :)
What a wonderful take on both challenges! I love all the details you've included! I hope you're feeling 100% soon. I know what you mean about dies taking a major portion of the stamping budget.
What a sweet idea! Very creative to have those buttons as ornaments! And I thought it was going to be difficult to make a Christmas card with these colors. Boy, have I been proven wrong! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Super card! Love the color combo and the stitching added to the tree. The dies are a top priority on my shopping list as they make creating so much easier and quicker.
Great job! Love the button ornaments. I am hoping to get that die with my next order.
I forgot to say I hope you are feeling better now.
I think the dies are a great investment, stamping styles come and go and we all know we have more stamps than we could probably use in one lifetime! I like your interpretation of the color challenge and hope you are feeling better!
Hi Sharron, I used this same diecut for the negative challenge, but I like your card a lot better! Hope to get it posted today. I agree with you on the diecuts, I think they make the end result really polished. Hope you are feeling better!
This is such a great card! I love the text background - it really makes the negative of the tree stand out! Your mouse is adorable - and these colours look fabulous on a Christmas card!
This is so cute! Love how you "strung" the buttons!
Post a Comment