Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PDCC #51

The colors at PDCC worked perfectly for a masculine card. I usually struggle with 'guy' designs but this one came together pretty easily. I used the trees from Through the Trees by PTI. And I really liked how Aimes (Amy Wanford), one of the PTI Peeps, got a different look by stamping on patterned paper so I found something in light green with a touch of blue--and not flowery! For the trees I used Color Box ink in a metallic copper and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I added the deer on the inside as a finishing touch. Actually turned out to be quick and easy and I am happy with the results!

Supplies
Stamps: Through the Trees (PTI), Deer is from Martha Stewart
Papers: Kraft cardstock (PTI), Patterned Paper (My Mind's Eye), Colored Cardstock (my stash)
Additional: Spellbinders Square Dies, EK Success Border Punch, Clear Embossed Powder

Thanks for visiting,
Sharron

11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love those trees stamped on the gingham, beautiful card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Great design! I love how the blue matting on the ginham gives the appearance of a checked border. Awesome job with our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great idea to put the deer on the inside! LOVE the trees on the front:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Heather P. said...

This is soooo pretty, Sharron!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine card, the trees look great stamped on the pattern paper. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Sarah Anderson said...

Those trees look fab on the gingham background. Great masculine card. Thanks for playing along in the 'cafe' :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful background on your trees! Lovely card! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

peggysue said...

Cool deal using that set on patterned paper, looks fab!

Cammie said...

Sharron, those copper trees are beautiful! And you know I love the gingham paper.:)

Terri said...

Very nice. I like the look of the trees on the patterned paper too.

Nerina said...

I **LOVE** the trees stamped on gingham!!!! That needs to go down in my little idea book! This is such a restful card! (Extending the gingham so it peeks out around the card as a frame is also soooo clever!) I love all of the details you've included in this one!