It's the last day of January and here in Kansas we have had only a small amount of snow. So luckily I have had this month's kit to get my snow fix! The theme is "Snow Day" and our hostess, Jeanne of A Kept Life provided us with a ton of amazing supplies. She always does awesome kits and this one is no exception. I hardly made a dent in the supplies. There were many wonderful papers (Jeanne's specialty) and fabulous die cuts, stamped images and embellishments. See the photo below for a peek at what we received at the beginning of the month.
Jeanne also has a couple of guest designers. Cathy Weber who is a retired member of the 12 Kits is making an appearance. And Richard Breaks is with us again. Jeanne also had a drawing for a kit and the winner was Marcia Hill. She is also a former guest designer. We are thrilled to have them all with us this month. Be sure to visit each of their blogs! Click HERE to connect with the 12 Kits blog where you will find links to all the members and guests. A list of Jeanne's supplies can also be found at the top of the post.
![]() |
| COLLAGE/PHOTO BY LINDSEY |
I love to have little critters and images that I can color so I especially enjoyed these adorable Pretty Pink Posh images. They are super easy to color too!
Look at all the wonderful snow elements! Jeanne also included some snowflake charms. I used one to tie on with this snowman scene.
The sentiment is BRRRR---perfect with the ice fishing bear!
This was my goof-up card! First I didn't get the shading for the snow the way I wanted. The die cut image was a bear on a sled (one piece). Unfortunately I tried to color the sled red and it bled all over the place. If you have ever tried to clean up Copic reds you know what a mess that can be. I didn't want to give up the cute bear so I cut him out and created my own sled out of red cardstock! I asked hubby if he liked him with or without the sunglasses and he voted for the glasses!!






13 comments:
Sharron, its so nice to know others share in the tragedies of crafting! I would have never known you didn't die cut that darling sled. So glad the scene was a save! You colored the sweet friends card beautifully. Love their cheeks! And love all your paper and die cut pairings! Hugs!
Cute, CUTE cards Sharron!! I really love the two colored DSP you used together on your fishing bear card...that card really pops to me!! And I love how you saved your "mess up" card too...red Copics really can be messy...been there too!! So happy to play along with all of you again and thank you for the inspiration for some of my leftovers...love it!! :0)
Well, your save card was certainly a great success--not a hint of anything wrong there! Your cards are really charming, Sharron! Love your coloring on the snow kids card!
Hi Sharron! I knew you'd love the birdies in the kit! I love the addition of the embossing - it reminds me of a warm sweater on a cold day! I need to copy Paulina at PPP on the first one! So clean and white - the coloring in the center is perfection! Yep I hear that with the red copics! Smart to put him on a die cut sled! I love the inked up snow and the background papers you chose! I love them all!
Fabulous card Sharron! Your coloring of the snow kids is spot on, perfection! Such a darling card!!! I too, never would have known your sledding bear started as an "oops" card. Great save and perfect fussy cutting! Seeing those of you who opted for the bear to don the sunglasses has me thinking I'll have to add them to my card too. He really is so cool!
And the cutest 'snow fix' it is too! Love how you have used the design papers and your colouring is perfect, but I just can't keep my eyes off that fabulous hot pink panel behind the bird, it's makes her pop!
Ahhhh...so many cute and adorable cards Sharron! I love them all. Love your sweet sledding bear and that adorable snowman, just too cute. Your sweet pair of little friends is adorable, just love your wonderful coloring. Really love them all! Fabulous winter collection.
Love that you went with all of the cute images for your cards Sharron!! These are all just as sweet as they can be. Your first card is a particular favorite, love the coloring and the embossed snowflakes. The paper and colors you chose for the sledding bear are perfect. These are all delightful!
Sharron you've used my favorite [hoarded from my kit] papers, in the most adorable way - LOve that bit of embossing: always a hit with me! Beautiful periwinkle-blue sky for your darling little kids! No surprise you'd use that bird, and bough - stay warm: my motto!
Now can we talk about red - in any form? My last foray with a red Copic was as disastrous... but I DIDN'T rescue mine, as you did in such a cute way! all fabulous, sweet friend!
=]
Your cards are perfect! I love your "save" with the red sled and I had to really think if I had missed the red sled in my kit! I also love the sweet bird on a branch...wish I had used that one. I have really missed this group!
Such adorable cuteness in each fabulous card, Sharron ... they're so much fun ... and all these guys seem to be enjoying their sweet snow fixes enormously (apart from that lovely spring bird who leapt a season!). A brilliant collection! Hugs, Anita :)
Jeanne love your creations, you used so many of the elements in Jeanne's kit perfectly and you used one of the charms. I still have mine. The very first card stole my heart with all the yummy white space and the beautifully coloured background in the frame. A lovely collection Sharron!
Sorry I'm so late to comment on your darling cards , Sharron! The bright pink one is one of my favorites, I guess because its so happy and I fell in love with those stamped images. The snow day with the pretty patterned paper is another fun one!. Heck I love them all!
Post a Comment