Sunday, January 14, 2018

New Twofer Challenge!


If anyone hasn't heard, Darnell has started her very first challenge! Although I've been very lax about entering challenges, I knew I had to do this one. She has this wonderful idea about getting more use out of our stamps and dies by doing more designs with the same supplies. This first theme is FEATHERS and everyone is to create cards for two different occasions using the same stamps and/or dies. For all the rules and a more complete explanation, please go HERE. There is wonderful inspiration from Darnell and the design team.


I have two feather sets and I decided to use the one from WPlus9, Fanciful Feathers. I was playing around with options when Therese, Lost in Paper, posted this amazing card. Isn't her design wonderful! And I fell in love with the blue!


Thanks, Therese, for the great inspiration. And also your hubby for giving you that wonderful book. 




The blue I chose was Bo Peep from WPlus9. It is such a lovely soft color. I also used a WPlus9 heart die. The sentiment (Chickadees) and owl (Framed Owl) are both from Technique Tuesday.


This could be used as a sympathy or encouragement card, for a man or anyone. The cardstock is SoftStone by PTI and the patterned paper is Black and White Basics, an older pad by them also. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps, Handwritten Floral Greetings. I also used PTI's Mix and Mat Pinked Edge dies.

If you haven't yet visited Darnell's challenge blog, you must pay a visit. And help support her new adventure by creating something with feathers! Congrats, Darnell!!!!

Have a wonderful day--and week! Thanks for visiting!

Sharron

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your blue feathers, Sharron! Serene yet fun!

lostinpaper said...

Both your cards are so wonderful Sharron, but I do have a soft spot for that gorgeous little owl peeking out from the love heart. Big thanks too for the shout out, you are so sweet!

Happy Dance said...

Therese is such an inspiration, isn't she?! I love how she influenced your sweet little owl card! I agree that the Bo Peep blue is a pretty color, and I'm loving all those feathers stamped with it! And that owl...!! Colored perfectly! Your 'hugs' card is a study in gentleness - that's the feeling I got from your card. Love the various feathers, and that wonderful patterned paper. Two great cards! Thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve your little peek-a-whoooo! a gorgeous feather - tickles my fancy, Sharron!
=]

Anita in France said...

Two most definitely distinctive cards, Sharron ... and they're fabulous! Love your take on Therese's tiny bunny ... the soft blue feathers and sweet heart die cut makes for a delicious background for that cute little owl! The contrast between the delicate feathers and the bold pp on your second card is brilliant ... there's a lovely sense of serenity about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron these are both just fabulous, just love the colours and your colouring!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness Sharron, these a delightful! I love that sweet owl peeking out at us!

Loll said...

Two very different and creative feather cards Sharron!! LOVE that sweet owl peeking out from behind the heart cut out. :) The feather background is so lovely in the pale blue. And your second card is so pretty with the patterned paper and those amazing feathers. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Darnell said...

You have really warmed my heart with your kind and encouraging words of support, Sharron, and I am very honored that you came to play in my new Twofer challenge! Thank you so much! I love your choice of TT feathers and how you have designed these two different designs for two different occasions! Your CASE of Therese's sweet peek-a-boo bunny is exceptional! I just love the feathered light blue background and how your cute owl is peeking out from the heart! And your feathers in different shades of blue against that striking pp makes a wonderful card of comfort for any gender! Well done, my friend!! Big Hugs, Darnell

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful blues, Sharron, for 2 beautiful cards. The features are lovely with their strong images. The sweet owl on the 1st is a favorite, and as usual, adore his coloring and your design! Hugs!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 fantastic contrasts for the challenge. First up I love that you've used the fanciful feathers set ... like me! I didn't have anything else. Love the little cheeky critter peeping out on the first one against the super dramatic and elegant die-cut feathered beauty. Great ideas with the stamps/dies.