Friday, June 30, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasions: June with Michele "It's a Guy Thing"

Another wonderful month with the 12 Kits of Occasions! This month our very talented hostess is Michele, I Card for Everyone. She sent us a marvelous kit with papers and images suited perfectly for more masculine designs. I think we all struggle with cards that need to be more tailored, without flowers and sparkles, but still clever and creative. I especially loved the cute gull set from My Favorite Things. I even saved a couple of the gulls for leftover cards after i see what everyone else made! Thanks Michele for a truly awesome kit!

Links to all the other blogs can be found on the 12 Kits blog HERE. We once again have a guest designer, Bobby from Bits and Pieces Designs. Welcome, Bobby! There is always so much to see so you will want to be on your way.


WONDERFUL COLLAGE BY LINDSEY


Love this cute little rabbit by Lil' Inker! Sorry his shiny silver frames don't show up! I added a wooden star that was on my desk, a leftover from an earlier kit by Jeanne Jachna.



My 'rock' is actually one of the clouds from the kit. After coloring it with some grays and brown, I decided a couple of pieces of grass were in order.


The "Hip, Hip, Hooray", embossed in white,  is from a sentiment set from WPlus9.


The dragonflies are colored using three shades of gray Copics and two coats of Clear Wink of Stella. Michele included so many fantastic papers that show off the images! 

Thanks so much for letting us share, 
Enjoy the hop,

Sharron

10 comments:

Birgit said...

Sharron, these are all fabulous! Your seagull card with the blended background is so sweet. What a genius idea to color one of the clouds to use as a rock. So clever of you!

I Card Everyone said...

Sharron you say the sweetest things... thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed my kit ... your addition of sea-grass was just the perfect touch. Somehow I knew you'd love the dragonflies as much as I do - it's a winged thing... xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful collection of cards Miss Sharron...love each one of them. But your beach scene is simply amazing, so beautiful the way you added that sand, just love this one! And that bunny is as cool as he can be, so sweet!

Darnell said...

Great manly makes, Sharron!! Each one makes the best use of those great papers and I love the humor that shines through! I especially like the "rock" you made, clever girl!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy Penir said...

I just love visiting you... each card gives me ideas for my next card! Your coloring is amazing! Those seagulls are adorable.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the orange you added to the birthday bunny card!! Your beachy scene for the seagulls is incredible. Marvelous work once again with the kit. Love them ALL!

Anita in France said...

What a delicious collection, Sharron ... the seagull scenes are so clever and fun ... and those dragonflies are fabulous! It's that cute, cool bunny that especially caught my attention ... fabulous colouring ... he's showcased wonderfully against the patterned paper! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron you are so creative, love what you did with Michele's kit. I am dying over the sponged beach background and I want to CASE you on that right away--wow! The cloud you transformed into a rock--ROCKS! Wonderful collection and wonderful ideas! Happy long weekend!

Marybeth said...

I love them all Sharron......but that beach scene is amazing! The blended background looks just like the beach sand and sky! Hip hip hooray is too cute as well! Hope you had a nice 4th of July. Sorry Im so late, I did the first half then lost time.

Bobby said...

Your cards are wonderful, Sharron. I love how you colored those dragonflies.