Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasions: February with Michelle "Garden Party"

Welcome to our Garden Party!! Isn't this the best idea! With spring just around the corner we all are probably ready to plan some wonderful outdoor activities. We have been warmer than usual here in Kansas and I'm amazed that so much green is already visible.  A little scary too as the weather can be so unpredictable and some freezing temperatures could still occur!

But Michelle, from Pretty Periwinkle, who is our hostess with the mostest this month, put together this fabulous kit (see photo below). Just look at all the wonderful supplies--gorgeous papers, cool dies, and an amazing assortment of embellishments. Playing with all this goodness certainly makes me smile! Thanks Michelle, for a fantastic kit!! 

PHOTO BY LINDSEY


Don't you just love the soft aqua paper! And that die from Lil' Inkers makes such an awesome background design. The little flowers were such fun to mix and match too! 



Loved these papers! The pattern of umbrellas works great for this design showing a typical spring shower. Just hope it doesn't rain on our party!!



And it's not a party without some yummy refreshments! I played with this die cut Michelle included and decided I liked it taken apart and rearranged. I did add a die cut using a MFT die for the border above the sentiment.



I used watercolors and colored pencils to color these blooms to match the bright pink cardstock.



Here's another card using some of that cool scalloped border. I had to use this last bunny too, cause I find it hard to pass up sweet critters! The sentiment above the die cut one is from WPlus9's Smart Kitty stamp set.

Hope you enjoyed my cards as much as I enjoyed making them. To see what everyone else made this month, click HERE to go to the 12 Kits blog. There are links to all the other members' blogs. We also have a wonderful guest designer so be sure to visit her blog and leave a little love.

And if you would like a chance to receive a kit and participate in the April reveal, be sure to leave a comment over on the 12 Kits blog by 11:59 p.m. on March 12th. See more information on the Giveaway and a supply list for this month's kit on the blog post also.

I always love to have you come visit. Thanks so much for letting me share,

Sharron

16 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness Sharron, all of your cards are over the top adorable! You used this kit in ways I can't even wrap my brain around. I need to take some lessons from you on thinking outside of the box. Your first card with the bird and floral spray is so darling! I love how you colored the little bird like a robin. A sure sign of spring in our neck of the woods. And the floral spray is so lovely!! The two bunnies under the umbrella is just too cute and so clever. I'm also loving how you turned the frames on your third card to showcase that delicious cake! The sunshine card with those amazing flowers is just.... Amazing! Let's not leave out your last card Which is truly fabulous as well. What a delightful post filled with the hope of spring!

Karen said...

I love the way you've used the two white scalloped borders---the first one just screams spring to me, all those beautiful flowers, a robin, and the gorgeous background paper. Thanks for all the inspiration here!

Nancy Penir said...

Sharron, I LOVE the bunny and umbrella card! How sweet! I raise rabbits (for the grandkids), and smiled a big one when I saw that card. All your cards are an ode to spring today! Bright, happy and bursting with joy!

Marybeth said...

Good morning Sharron! I love your bird cage with lots of blooms! That yummy chocolate cake is beautifully framed and the bunnies are too cute under the umbrella, what a darling idea! All your cards are bright and gorgeous! Hope you enjoy a wonderful week!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG! SMILING HUGE HUGE HUGE!! Those bunnies under the umbrella? Brilliant! Love the birdie in the cage too .. surrounded by beautiful flowers! You were brave to color up the flowers on your sunshine card.. I was so worried I would mess them up.. yours are bright and beautiful.. a good reminder for me to take more chances!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Miss Sharron....5 simply fabulous and beautiful cards. Your sweet little bird that you colored looks so real and that pair of sweet bunnies sitting under that umbrella is just genius! Love them all!

Nora Noll said...

Oh what pretty, bright, spring cards!! LOVE your bird card. You painted him/her so delicately!! I also like how you made the scallop a tree with leaves!!! Spectacular use of the kit!!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW Sharron, these are FABulous!! Your use of the scallop border with the hanging birdcage and garland of flowers is just incredible, definitely my favorite of yours today!!

Kathy Mc said...

Sure glad I don't have to pick a favorite, Sharron, because all five are delightful. Must admit the bunnies under the umbrella are a sweet surprise, and your cake looks scrumptious.

Anita in France said...

A quintet of fantastic spring cards, Sharron ... sweet bunnies and bird, gorgeous florals, and just the most scrumptious flower topped cake ... delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so glad you used all those critters, Sharron, and in such an adorable way! I know how dear to your heart they are, and it shows! Your coloring is fantastic, and LOve the way you used one of the scalloped die cuts as a beautiful trim around the veranda where your bird cage hangs - my fave of all! I think YOU are fabulous! xx
=]

Michelle said...

Wow, five fantastic designs! Such a beautiful combination of color/patterns/dies! Love, LOVE the adorable pair of bunnies under the umbrella, the luscious chocolate frosted cake and the pretty, watercolored blooms!
Spring is in the air!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron where to start these are all lovely cards! I really like the way you wove the flowers and leaves through the scallop, the bunnies under the umbrella breaking the die in two and twisting them for the cake and the way you used all the flowers!

Darnell said...

Sorry, I'm so late in coming to see your very pretty makes from the kit, Sharron! They are all so lovely and so perfect to remind us that spring will soon be here! I think the last one is my favorite, but only by a "hare!" Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

Alright, Sharron. You have totally and completely blown me away! I'm so glad I didn't attemp to color the birds (I nearly did) but yours is amazing (not surprised!) and I'm so happy I can CAE you. I love that card! The bunnies under the umbrella is such a brilliant choice and so cute! The way you layered the aqua dies is so awesome, you colored your flowers beautifully, and I am in love with your last card. You are amazing!!

Joyce said...

Wow, Sharron, I realy love everything you made with your kit this month. I can imagine what fun you had with it.