Sunday, July 31, 2016

The 12 Kits of Occasions: July with Marybeth "Christmas in July"

The 12 Kits of Occasions are celebrating Christmas this month. What a great theme for hot, steamy July! It has been unusually hot in Kansas this summer but the worse part is the humidity which we don't normally have with high temperatures. Marybeth was our very talented hostess and sent an amazing collection of Christmas beauties. See the wonderful collage photo that Lindsey did for us below. There were beautiful papers, great die cuts and fun images. I still have several adorable little critters that I haven't used yet so it will be fun to see what everyone else made and do some CASing! To see all the great creations yourself, click HERE to connect to the 12 Kits blog.

PHOTO BY LINDSEY

Look at all this gorgeous gold! I had a little trouble with getting good photographs so hope you can at least get an idea of all the sparkle! 

ADDED SENTIMENT, EMBOSSED IN GOLD,  IS FROM WPLUS9 SILVER BELLS SET.

ADDED SENTIMENT IS FROM TECHNIQUE TUESDAY JINGLE ALL THE WAY, WITH A FEW
STAMPENDOUS SNOWFLAKES STAMPED IN GOLD.

ADDED SENTIMENT IS FROM MY FAVORITE THINGS HAND LETTERED HOLIDAY AND, IN HONOR OF MARYBETH, I ADDED LOTS OF GLOSSY ACCENTS ON THE BERRIES.



ADDED SENTIMENT, EMBOSSED IN GOLD, IS FROM HERO ARTS


It's not too early to start on Christmas so hope you got some inspiration from today's hop!

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend,
Sharron

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Sharron!!! First, I must report that we've 8 chrysalis so far! =]
Now .. on the cards: and oh they are each and every one a charmer! I have no problem seeing your gorgeous gold! LOve those dots as back-lights for our sweet Frosty - isn't he the cutest - and love his thoughts on being Merry - though I did think he'd choose Peter, or Paul? pa dum dum ... lovely gallery of coolness!
=] xx

Nancy Penir said...

Your cards are ALL so beautiful Sharon, where to begin? Love seeing how you took all the lovely papers and classy elements and with created your style. Your coloring on the holly and berries a bright standout with the ga!

Nancy Penir said...

PS, forgot to say, love how the sentiment grounds frosty, in the Let's be Merry card!

Marybeth said...

My goodness Sharron they all look store bought! I love your holly card and you are too funny, I do love to add glossy accents and your card is perfect with it added to your berries! I really like the simple (a gift for you ) card with the flowers added to that one...its simply gorgeous! You made my kit shine and I thank you!
Humidity is the worst, I am not a fan of heat or humidity . I thin this is one of the hottest Julys we have had in a long time. I feel so bad for anyone without the comfort of Air or a pool. Cant wait for fall!

Lisa Elton said...

Once again you have filled my mind with so many creative ideas for my leftovers!! You worked your magic with Marybeth's kit Sharron, these are all so PRETTY!! Love your frosty card. Looks like he's a happy little fella tossing snowflakes and golden polka dots into the air!!

Birgit said...

What a wonderful array of cards here Sharron! You showcased Marybeth's kit wonderfully!!

Susi said...

Such a fabulous collection of holiday cards that you've created with this kit, Sharron! I've always been a huge fan of gold (embossing, bling, ink, you name it!), so it's no surprise that I am loving each and every one of your cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is such an elegant kit, and I love the cards you've made with it, Sharron! That gold foiled paper is to die for!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharon what a gorgeous collection of cards you made with Marybeth's kit!! I adore,what you did with your snowman and the colouring of the holy is wonderful! You made this,kit really shine!

Jeanne J. said...

So many fabulous cards Sharron! And swoon.. all that gold that you photographed so beautifully! So smart to add gold embossing too! I love the red berries with the glossy accents - you totally cased Marybeth with those! I really love the last one because I didnt want to cover up that paper, but at the same time it never occurred to me to add some solid card stock for that gold die cut sentiment. So pretty and elegant I need to case that one!

Anita in France said...

Oh my goodness, Sharron ... where to start?? What a treat to see all these delicious, gold themed Christmas cards ... each is just so lovely! I've scrolled up and down numerous times trying to pick a favourite, but it changes so often I've decided they're all my faves!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Bon dimanche! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron as usual you made the most stunning cards with your kit! You did some many things I never thought of and added the perfect sentiment. Lots of lovely gold embossing and your colouring is on point!

Kathy said...

Hi Sharron!! I have some great news for you. You might want to check it out at www.thedailymarker.com
I also need your email address. Super Congrats :)
P.S. love your cards