One of my most needed type of cards is birthdays. So what a treat when I received my kit for the June 12 Kits of Occasions. Joyce, our wonderful hostess, sent an amazing collection of die cuts, stamped images and sentiments plus some great papers---all designed for this month's theme "birthdays! Gosh, there were so many cool options. And, as always, I still have lots left for creating later! Thank you, Joyce, for a really fun month. And one of the great things about using die cuts is that cards come together so quickly. :)
Below is a collage showing the variety we had to work with.
 |
| PHOTO BY LINDSEY |
 |
| OF COURSE, I LOVE TO COLOR SO THIS COLLECTION OF CUPCAKES WAS A FUN PLACE TO BEGIN. |
 |
| GOTTA LOVE BLACK AND WHITE WITH ACCENTS OF RED! |
 |
| I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THIS EMBOSSING FOLDER THAT I GOT ON SALE FROM A LOCAL SCRAPBOOK STORE BUT I DID FIND OUT THAT IT DOESN'T DO WELL USING LIGHTWEIGHT CARDSTOCK. AFTER TWO SHREDDED VERSIONS, I SWITCHED TO 100 LB. CARDSTOCK FROM WPLUS9. |
I
So, are you ready to create some birthday cards? There are lots more creations so be sure to click
HERE to connect with the 12 Kits of Occasions blog where you can hop to all the other members' blogs.
Thanks for letting me share!
Have a great day,
Sharron
10 comments:
What a fun collection of cards here! The black, white and red card is one of my faves and I also adore the first card with the colored cupcakes. They're all fabulous!
Oh my goodness these are WONDERFUL, Sharron! I looked at each one thinking a favorite would pop out, but honestly I love them ALL!!!
You have so many different styles going on here today Sharron. First.. the pink cake? That embossed panel and background mat.. and sprinkles peeking out the sides? Smitten.. the last one with the circle Happy birthday so modern and clean - great masculine card - the colors and perfectly placed stamps perfection! Love the balloons on the Happy birthday panel .. again placed beautifully - like they're floating away! Bold color on the cupcakes, and you're right.. who doesn't love the red and black together. Each one is amazing!
These are all so very wonderful, Sharron. I love them all. Such a fun idea to color that stacked pile of gifts--I cannot believe I have never thought of that in all the years I have had that stamp. And, I love how those balloons make appearances on two cards. Your birthday cake looks so feminine and delicious.
Sharron...simply amazing cards! Really love how you used all the goodies that Joyce sent, so creative and so festive too. Your cupcakes look so yummy, good enough to eat and what a wonderful border too.
These are all so fabulous and celebratory, Sharron ... I've scrolled through plenty of times trying to decide on a fave ... but as they're all so brilliant, it's impossible to pick one over another! Hugs, Anita :)
Sorry I am so late, getting back from vacation and trying to get caught up. All of your cards are wonderful , Sharron ! Love the colored in cupcakes and the red and black card! Your pink card is my absolute favoriate , love the bit of sprinkle paper with the beautiful embossed pink! I hope you are enjoying your summer.
Sharron, these are incredible!!! I'm wishing I had a brand new kit, so I could make cards exactly like yours. I love them! I'm sorry about the shredded paper, but wow, the final product turned out amazing!
Sharron fantastic collection of cards!! I love how you coloured the first two, all those cupcakes look so yummy! That embossing folder is amazing it looks like gorgeous ribbon and look so good with the cake! I also love the fun way you used that die on your last card with your freestyle lines! Great job!!
WOWZA Sharron, these are all incredible!! Wasn't this a fun kit from Joyce. You really made it shine. LOVE all of them to bits!!
Post a Comment