Monday, February 29, 2016

The 12 Kits of Occasions: February with Nancy "Watercolor Wonder"

Besides being the last day of the month, this year we are here on February 29th! Leap year--a year with an extra day to craft!! Our two new 12 Kits members have jumped right in and agreed to host this month and next. For February, Nancy Penir, Artful-Notions, graciously said she would be hostess. And she picked a fantastic theme. Watercolors have been so popular and she sent oodles of great supplies, even paints, brushes and masking fluid. This was in addition to stamped images on watercolor paper, gorgeous patterned papers, die cuts and embellishments. See the photo below!


Guess we forgot to tell her she didn't need to spoil us so much!! I used the paints she sent along with some of my own to mix and match colors. To see what everyone else did with these wonderful supplies, click HERE to contact with the 12 Kits blog. There is a special guest too so you'll want to check on who the guest designer is this month. For a list of supplies, the list can be found at the top of the blog.










NANCY SEND A LITTLE ENVELOPE OF SALT TOO. CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD NEVER TRIED THIS BEFORE. I'M STILL WORKING ON THE RIGHT PROPORTION OF WATER AND SALT THOUGH.

ANOTHER CARD USING SALT! THIS LOOKS MUCH BETTER IRL, THE COLORS
JUST WOULDN'T PHOTOGRAPH WELL. SENTIMENT IS FROM WPLUS9 DOODLE BUDS.

Hope you enjoy the hop. Nancy did an amazing job with her first kit. LOVED it, Nancy! Be sure to join us next month when Michelle Leone, Pretty Periwinkles, will be the hostess. She is our other new member so join us for the reveal of her first kit.

Thanks for visiting and letting us share,
Sharron

12 comments:

Birgit said...

These are all so fabulous and completely stunning! What a marvelous kit Nancy put together. What fun this must be!

Nancy Penir said...

All beautiful, Sharron! You're a pro with the rock salt! Love the texture you got. Your magnolias are gorgeous! I have a neighbor with a tree that has that color blooms, and I get to watch it every year!

Marybeth said...

Love that you used the rock salt and it looks great as do all of your cards, Sharron! What a beautiful background on the gem card so pretty with colors! Lol on forgetting to tell her not to spoil us! Wonderful cards Sharron, hope you have a great week!

I Card Everyone said...

I need a lesson from you, too, Sharron!! Totally missed the salt treatment! LOve what it has done to your butterfly background! Gorgeous gallery, my friend!
=]

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful projects Sharron! The one that made me say ooooh out loud was the You're a real gem - that background is amazing. Sometimes colors are so hard to blend (red and green) no problems for you! Wish I'd thought to put the yellow flowers with the black and white stripes too! So striking! Your watercolor backgrounds are GORGEOUS! This kit was so fun! Your watercolor is AMAZING... I keep wondering why we dont watercolor more!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Sharron! I especially love that pop of yellow with the flowers against the black and white zig zags...so pretty!! And your water colored backgrounds are amazing! This has been so much fun for me to see how you all came up with such different cards using the same supplies, and a lot of "aha" moments for me too when I think "why didn't I think of that?!" Truly beautiful cards Sharron, and was very honored to play along side you this month!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Do yo give lessons...if so sign me up! Your salt technique looks wonderful This post is overflowing with prettiness!!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are just GORGEOUS, Sharron! What an awesome kit Nancy created for you all to play with!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron all of your cards are gorgeous. I love those yellow blooms and all of your watercolouring is so lovely. No favourites just lots to CASE ;)

Joyce said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards, Sharron. I really love how you have experimented with the salt. I did not have as much luck as you had. And, your watercoloring is gorgeous.

Lindsey said...

Oh, Sharron! You have used this kit in the most beautiful ways!!! Your blessed card is gorgeous....love the background you created, adoore your gem card (the watercoloring is so SO fun and looks amazing!), the yellow flowers with the bold chevron paper is such a striking combination, and I'm 100% smitten by your magnolia card...Love everything about it! You've got me wishing I hadn't used pretty much all the same supplies, so I could CASE you.

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous blooms, Sharron ... and stunning washes and salting! They're all fantastic ... my fave is the one with those beautiful pink magnolias ... it's gorgeous! Anita :)