![]() |
| LINK TO CHALLENGE |
I know I'm super late to post for this challenge, especially since I started on my card more than a week ago! It features the Pretty Patches and Country Charm sets from WPlus9. I have all or part of all four of these sets and love the country look.
Another thing I wanted to try was making my own background panel. A sweet friend, Kara from KandRDesigns, is a master at this. Here is a link to one of her recent ones. I am in no way as talented but below is my first attempt.
I started by embossing a sheet of white cardstock with Sizzix Circles which provided spaces to stamp my images. I'm not ready to plan out a complicated design!! I used the apple set and stamped the gingham heart and a green leaf. Vellum was used as a cover, with the sentiment from the same set. The square was cut from Clear Cut Stackers: Pinking Squares (WPlus9) and a cream-colored twine was placed underneath. For the card base, I used Green Acres cardstock, also by WPlus9.
I've been busy making cards so will be posting more later!
Thanks for coming by,
Sharron

7 comments:
Oh, Sharron this is so sweet==love your little gingham shaped stamps, and I think it is a wonderful tribute to Kara's techniques. I can just faintly see the texture of the circles below the vellum, and that extra bit of texture is such a wonderful little detail.
What a brilliant [why didn't I think of that?] idea!!! Sharron I adore your darling design, I heart your apples and you just know I cannot help but swoon over that slip of vellum!!! Gorgeous!
=] Michele
I love your background under the beautiful vellum , Sharron! This is such a darling card using a way back when stamp. So many companies now its hard to keep up , I always loved wp9
This is darling Sharon!! I think your background turned out so sweet and the focal apple is fantastic!
awesome!!
I love that you stamped the hearts on the background!!! Thanks so much for playing along in the WP9 Throwback challenge.
Your card is GORGEOUS Sharron! I love the BG you created. So clever to use the embossing folder as a guide!!!! I need to try that too! And I love the vellum! So soft and beautiful!
Post a Comment