Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hop to Stop National Domestic Violence


I learned of this challenge from sweet friend, Michele at I Card Everyone. Over on Becca Cruger's blog, Damsel in Distressed, a very special event is going on.

"You see, purple is the color of National Domestic Violence Awareness month. 
1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. 
Let that sink in - 33% of all the women you meet.  And women aren't the only people who are affected! Women, men, transgender - gender doesn't matter. Domestic violence is something that exists regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, religion, education level, etc."

So the blog hop is to raise awareness of this very important issue in our society. It has and may in the future touch many people in one way or another. 

Please click HERE to find out about the rules so you can take a few minutes to join the hop! There are also many wonderful sponsors.

Your card does need to contain some purple! I chose this sweet image from Tiddly Inks and a wonderful sentiment from WPlus9. I don't have many purples in my Copic collection but with a little mixing I tried to create a bouquet of different shades! The yellow is my favorite 'happy' color!


I'm also submitting this card to the 30 Day Coloring Challenge over at The Daily Marker.
Thank you so much for dropping by!

Have a blessed weekend,
Sharron

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my...adorable...she can barely handle that huge bouquet of flowers....love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE this, Sharron, the sweet image is colored beautifully, and I love the colors and scallops!

Nancy Thomas said...

This is just gorgeous (yellow and purple are perfect together) - a very sweet, happy and uplifting card.

tiffelijah said...

LOve this adorable little girl! SHe is so cute and I love the coloring job you did!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful coloring and a beautiful card! Love that image you used on here too. Precious!
Lynn

Kara said...

So sweet great coloring!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet image! this is a darling card Sharron!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a sweet card for The Hop to Stop. Your purple beauty caught my eye and I stopped in to get a closer look. I like the adorable image and your beautiful colouring! Thank you for supporting this worthwhile and very serious issue.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love the wonderful inking and coloring technique! Lovely image!
Take Care!
Michele

Becca Cruger said...

OH my goodness! This card is so adorable, I don't even know where to begin with my compliments! Love how tailored it all feels and your color scheme is so bright and happy! Thank you so much for sharing your talents to raise awareness at the Hop to Stop!

TracyM #6773 said...

SWEET sentiment, DELIGHTFUL image, FABULOUS colouring and LOVELY layers - LOVE IT ALL!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, it's so vibrant and happy! Love your message and just ADORE the wonderful harmony of your card. It's just pefect!

Jerrie said...

I love your image with the girl and huge flowers! Your sentiment rocks! Great job!

Joyce said...

Such a darling image and perfectly colored. What a beautiful way to support a worthy cause.

Nancy Richards said...

I love purple and yellow together! You did an amazing job with your colics - their purples are not always easy to work with. Great job!

Nancy Richards said...

*or copics (darn typing skills) :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron what a beautiful card, I love the double tilt panels and your fabulous colouring!

I Card Everyone said...

Sharron, I am puzzled why this one never reached my inbox? Just absolutely darling ... your little girl in her darling MaryJanes! those precious panels, and your gorgeous coloring, in perfectly-pansy purple and yellow! LOve it!
=] Michele