After a couple of weeks of being totally unable to create ANYTHING, I was getting really frustrated!! I also needed a card for our neighbor's birthday. So I thought perhaps CASEing would help. There was this fantastic card that Cathy, The Empty Nest Crafter, had recently made for a Fusion Challenge. She just recently was selected for their Design Team. YAY!! I know she will be fantastic on the their team and I was anxious to try out a challenge. I loved her layout so kept with the basic design. For the sun I used an PTI impression plate then used the same Lil' Inker die but chose to create a flower and added a butterfly element for the center. Thank you so much, Cathy, for giving me a boost. My neighbor loved her card!
So after getting inspired by Cathy, I was ready to make a second card. I was drawn to the flowers in the Fusion inspiration picture--the white with large black centers--and the woodgrain background. For the flowers I used a dogwood die and Cuttlebug's Branches embossing folder added a little different look. I only had an outline flower die so I cut it out of Smoky Shadow, glued it to white cardstock and then fussy cut. The yellow rolled rose is felt.

I am adding this to the WPlus9 challenge #25 also. The colors work perfectly for both challenges!
![]() |
| My Version of Cathy's Card |
Thanks so much for letting me share,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Fresh Cut Florals, Country Charm (WPlus9)
Cardstock: White (Neenah); Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up): Smoky Shadow, Soft Stone (PTI)
Inks: Onyx Black (Versafine); Slate (Amuse)
Dies: Branch with Leaves (Sizzix); Dogwood Blossom Outline (Memory Box); Sentiment Strips (MFT); Under the Mistletoe (WPlus9)
Additional: Felt (PTI); Embossing Folder-Branches (Cuttlebug); Black Pearl (Queen and Co.); Gold Dewdrops; Gold Paper (12 Kits)



12 comments:
OH Sharron - both of these are wonderful! I love the mix of patterns and papers and texture on both!
Yay and gorgeous, both of them Sharron. So nice to see you post and such beautiful cards too.
Both cards are so lovely, Sharron. So happy to see you are inspirated from the design team. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.
Wow what beautiful work!
Laura
This is the truth...I like your card way better than mine! I love how you did the sun...such a good idea and I love that brad you added...I also love that you used an embossing folder on one side or else some really, really good patterned paper! Thank you for CASING my card...I think that is a first for me! You second card is just as good...love that flower outline and the embossing folder background. I am so glad you played along with our Fusion challenge...thank you so much Sharron!
Hey Sharron--it is so nice to see you crafting again. Yay!! Your cards are both just gorgeous. Love them both. I never thought to just use the top of that dogwood die--brilliant idea. I have that die, and always love a new idea about how to use it.
Wow what a comeback Sharron! So nice to see you made two fabulous cards…wow!
I love your sun and clouds the yellow and white are beautiful! Your second card with the flowers looks like a winner to me! Love that shiny gold bow or silver. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Girl, when you opened your door to Mr. Mojo, you let in a whole TON of creativity! Your cards are spectacular!! I'm glad that Cathy inspired you to come back to us, so you could inspire us in turn!
Have a wonderful crafty weekend! (No pressure, only if you want to!) Hugs, Darnell
i LOVE that first card!! so awesome!
Love them both!
The colors and the using the sun with the butterfly embellie...
how could your friend not love it?
So happy you're feeling well enough to get crafty!
Hugs!!
My goodness...you'd never know you felt like you didn't have your creativity. These are two absolutely gorgeous cards. I love the sweet little butterfly on the first and the texture on the second is awesome. You knocked both of the cards out of the park. So glad you could play with us at Fusion!
Both great cards! I really love the contrast you chose between the rolled felt flower and the shiny silver bow below it. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!
Post a Comment