Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PDCC #75; Make It Monday #9

 
Between lack of Mojo and limited assess to my computer (hubby had to use it for two projects), it seems like a long time between posts--and even longer since I last entered a Play Date Cafe Challenge. I hadn't purchased any patterned paper since December (being a good girl!) so when one of the LSS sent me an email with a double points coupon, I decided to visit. I found several fun new patterns from Jillibean Soup. I love all the sentiments on this one but wasn't sure about the PINK! Wished it came as a stamp and I could stamp it on any color cardstock!! I do like how it goes with neutrals and Hawaiian Shores though. And it works perfectly for the PDCC (pink, blue and silver) and also for this week's Make It Monday Challenge (using heat embossing). I used silver embossing powder on the bike and clear on the sentiment. See Dawn McVey's video here.

So, what do you think---are you a pink person?? 

Hope your day is filled with joy,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps:  Everyday Button Bits, Birdwatching (both PTI)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Blossom Soup (Corn Kernels and Corn Meal)--Jillibean Soup
Additional: Mat Stack 4 Die, Cloud Dies (both PTI); Hawaiian Shores Buttons, Silver and Clear Embossing Powders, Copics, Embroidery Thread

26 comments:

Fiona said...

such a super-fun card Sharron! So glad you found time to get this entered at the Play Date Cafe :)

Tracey said...

Sharron, this is so FUN!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun card. I have Everyday bButton Bits but haven't used the bike image yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rhonda said...

Pink seems to be the color of spring this year. Love the silver bike Sharron.

Renee said...

Sharron...it's wonderful!
Love that paper...
and your bike is awesome!
And I have to agree that the paper would be GREAT as a background stamp!
I haven't tried Everyday Button...
I may play with that one tomorrow:)
And I felt like I was in KS yesterday with our weather...
I don't see how ya'll handle storms like that coming through so often...
makes me nervous.
And ya'll actually get them WAY bigger too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Fabulous card! Love the background paper with all the sentiments and the color pink is just fine! Great design.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this Sharron, the Mat Stack cut out, the cute bike, and definitely the PINK!

Unknown said...

How cute! I love the buttons on the wheels of the bike. Really a sweet card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Sharron...how sweet is this? Love those button wheels and the fabulous printed background paper! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

suzARTe said...

I love this card. All the little details are just gorgeous

suzARTe said...

I love this card. All the little details are just gorgeous

Ruby said...

Great card! I love how you've done the cutout and the buttons for wheels! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun, bright card and I love the bicycle with the buttons.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Boy, do I hear you on 'lack of Mojo'. THat's me, lately. I like your sweet clouds/bicycle focal point...great way to use our colors this week. THanks for joining us at The Play Date CAfe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a sweet take on our color story! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOVE that little little birdie in the cloud--fun! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC!

Kendra said...

This is adorable! I love the bike with the buttons for wheels and the cloud came out great!

Jill said...

Pink is my favorite color, therefore I'm loving this card! I like all the colors as a matter of fact! What a happy burst of spring it is, Sharron!

Terri said...

I love pink! The card is great too. I especially like the bike and the dp too!

Linda said...

Adorable, Sharron! It really speaks Spring. Love the words on the PP. And love the bird on the cloud. Totally fun card!!

Unknown said...

That is a sweet happy card! Makes me want to pull out my everyday button bits set to create too, bicycles are so emblematic of the warmer weather, don't you think?

Nerina said...

What a darling card! I love the way you've stamped images on the clouds too! Soooo super sweet!

Cammie said...

Well, you know I love pink, so this is right up my alley. I love the sentiment stamped on the cloud.

Angy said...

cute - great card! I am so NOT a pink person but I do love how this came together for you.

Sandy Ang said...

Not really a pink person but your happy card may convert me. Love those button wheels.

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute card, sharron! (i wish i could go that long without buying paper:)