Sunday, May 2, 2010

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #6

I am loving this Cosmo Cricket paper so I used it again! This time is for the Papertrey Peeps Challenge with the theme of "Bling in the Old". And this was the first time I got to ink up by new A Little Argyle set. It is so amazing! I know it will be used a lot. I coordinated the colors to match the Cosmo Cricket design. So many patterns of argyle and of course endless colors--what FUN!!

Cammie's challenge..........
"I thought this would be a good time to use some of those stamps that haven't seen ink for some time or ever! So choose some stamps at the bottom of the stack or in the back of the drawer and ink those babies. The second part of the challenge is to add some shimmer--glitter, gloss, gems to your card or project."

I love the Bird Watching set but unfortunately it has been a long time since I got it out! For the bling I used some Rain Dots for the flower centers and added a little gold bird that I had in my stash.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bird Watching, Daily Designs, A Little Argyle, Sign Language (All PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic White, Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Material Girl (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Lady Bug (Memento Ink)
Additional: EK Success Punch, Copics, Bird Charm

Have a marvelous week........
Sharron

15 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a cute card! I love those birdhouses. And what a cute way to welcome someone with this card. Very nice.

Terri said...

Nice job! Your argyle background looks great! I have the bird watching set too but it has never seen ink. I need to change that soon!

Cammie said...

Sharron, what a great card for this challenge! I love the sparkly flower centers, and that little gold bird is the perfect addition! I hope your club's sale was a huge success!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous Sharron! Love the little bird, the rain drop centers and your colours!

Heather P. said...

This is so beautiful!! I love, love, love the colors, and the clean lines are fantastic! I also totally ♥ that you used Summer Sunrise instead of white as your image layer... Super cool!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card Sharron!! I love the layout and colors.

Rhonda said...

Oh so fabulous. Love the layout.

Diane Jaquay said...

What a wonderful card! Love those birdhouses and your argyle looks GREAT!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so striking!! I love the birdhouses with the argyle.

Nerina said...

Sharron - this is wonderful!! I absolutely love the argyle background mixed with the floral pattern with bling centres - it's absolutely beautiful, and your birdhouses look so at home in amongst it all!

Lisa Voerg said...

Sharon, I so love this card. Everything about it. The warm colors, the design and that fantastic bird charm all fit together so well. Great job.

Dana said...

Oh my gosh, look at that amazing argyle pattern Sharron! I LOVE it! and it matches perfectly with that strip of PP and your birdhouses.
This is really great!

Linda W said...

Beautiful job, Sharron. Your Argyle is fabulous and the colors are great. Everything works so well together.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

une pure merveille, j'adore déjà les couleurs, et puis les papiers sont fabuleux, bravo

peggysue said...

I didn't even recognize the bird houses as a PTI set, but that argyle really brings them out and makes the image pop! Looks wonderful!