Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Froggie" Happy Birthday!!

And a peek at the inside of the card!
Hi everyone! Here is my latest creation--not for a challenge or anything--I just wanted to use this stamp set for a birthday card for our grandson. I found this set by Jillibean Soup a month or so ago at a LSS and had to get it 'cuz I just love frogs! The smallest frog in the window is from Tiny Treats. 

I had a gift purchased but had to get the card done so I could get it mailed today. And wouldn't you know it, I kept having all sorts of problems! Twice I got ink on something I had already finished. I didn't get the sentiment on the front stamped straight. And I had problems getting all the squares cut straight.
Wow, why does this happen when you have a deadline! Anyway, off it went in the mail on time.  London will only be three so probably won't notice the small details LOL!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Frogs-Jillibean Soup; Tiny Treats, Pond Life-PTI
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream-all PTI
Ink: Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa-Memento; Turquoise Gem-VersaMagic Chalk

Thanks for stopping by......
Sharron

10 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is SO sweet! And I had to LOL at your stamping mishaps... Happens to me all the time! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a darling card! I love the frogs and I'm sure your grandson will be delighted by it. And I too get ink everywhere esp. when stamping on a white card! It always happens when I'm just about finished with the project. Embellishments to the rescue then!

Terri said...

Very cute! I bet your grandson loves it! I have those kinds of things happen to me sometimes too! I agree he will never notice it.

Rhonda said...

Sharron, This is very cute. London will love it!

Aimes said...

Oh this is ADORABLE! I love the use of those super sweet, tiny treats: valentine characters on the inside! I bet London will be sooooo hoppy to recieve it (sorry poor pun there!)
Have a super weekend!
Aimes
x

Angy said...

Sharron, So cute ~ just love the frogs.

peggysue said...

I like frogs too, have a weakness for them. And I think stamping accidents were rampant this week. My cat knocked over a vase and spilled water all over the end of the table where I had some cards.

Lori said...

Ack!! Too cute Sharron, love it!! :)

Cammie said...

How adorable! I know what you mean about deadlines and mishaps.

Nerina said...

This is so cute!! I love froggies too! Sorry that you experienced mishaps - but I didn't notice them and I'm sure a three year old tiddleywink won't either :0) The little window is such a great detail - I'm sure he'll enjoy peeking through that again and again!