"So that is the challenge: a feminine card featuring orange zest. Bonus points if you work in Spring Rain, her second favorite color or a tea theme, since tea is one of her favorite things in the world."
I don't have the tea set but always love to use a Pure Innocence image. And what is more perfect for a birthday than a big orange balloon! I paper pieced her dress with Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and colored the image with Copics. For the side trim I used Background Basics: Tin Types and embossed in white. The little clover stamp is from PTI's Luck of the Irish set. Supplies:
Stamps: Background Basics: Tin Types, Luck of the Irish, Sign Language (sentiment)--all PTI
Main image: Pure Innocence digital
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Orange Zest, Spring Rain (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Fresh Snow, Orangerie (PTI); Copics
Additional: Filigree Embossing Powder-White (PTI); Nestabilities
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I am filling in where I used to work for six days so it will be back to the old grind all next week! I was there on Friday and wow, I had already forgotten how little time I had left after spending all day at the office!! I think retirement is definitely better!
Anyway, don't know how much stamping time I will have for a while. We have a week of vacation following my week of work so I may not be able to check my computer as often! Now I need to get back to finishing the laundry and trying to decide about my PTI order. This month is really tough--way too much great stuff!!
Sharron
9 comments:
Great job! I especially like how you made the balloon bigger and added the sentiment. Love the pattern you chose for her dress and the little shamrocks too. Hope your work week is not to bad for you. Still trying to figure out my order too!
Great take on the challenge! That paper pieced dress is ADORABLE! You make it look easy to combine those colours - I found it really tough!
Hope you get your order figured out - I just know I have to have the new colour!
x
Cute, cute, cute! Great mix of elements. Those colors really worked. Hope the week works out well for you and you have a fabulous vacation after that.
What an adorable card! I love everything about it. The little girl holding that big orange balloon is so cute! Have a great escape when you are on holiday! And good luck with tonight's PTI release. So many great products and so little money to spend!
Sharon that's so sweet! and I can only imagine that retirement gives you so much more time for stamping, but filling in this week will give you more $$$ for stamping, yet? This card is so cute.
oh la la j'adore ta carte elle est fabuleuse et raffinée, bravo
Oh my word! This is so totally adorable!!
Sharon, I love how the balloon is outside the deckled rectangle, and filling in the tin types background with the clover leaf is so clever. I hope your working week goes well.
Sharron, I love this digi image. The card is lovely.
Post a Comment