I had some time over this past weekend to play with my June 12 Kits supplies again. I had the penguin partially done and wanted to color the bluebird. I was unsure about what to do about the backgrounds so ended up fussy cutting both of them out.
There's a little secret about this little guy. After getting him almost done, I messed up my coloring--red Copics can be a problem if you get out of the lines! But I had a digital version so printed him to be same size as Birgit's stamped version and started over. The patterned paper is from my stash. The sun and sentiment came from the kit.
I just couldn't not use this flamingo paper and loved Tracey's card that combined it with the red paper. And I used another one of those wonderful oval die cuts!
Thanks for letting me share these few designs. I loved the kit and was glad to have some time to finish these cards!
So happy to have you stop for a visit!
Sharron



4 comments:
A wonderful trio of cards, Sharron! Your coloring on the bluebird and penguin is fantastic! How nice that you could have a "do-over" with your penguin. I love the papers you paired with both of those cards. Your CASE of Tracey is wonderful too! I love those ovals you received from Birgit. They remind me of linen with the little squares. So fun to see more of your cards from the kit!
You've made me want to pull my leftovers out! These are terrific Sharron. Great CASE of Tracey's card. I like your patriotic penguin. And I agree with the red Copics...she says from her own experiences!!
How fabulous to have a double helping of your 12 Kits cards, Sharron ... all three are brilliant! Such lovely soft colouring on the bird, great 'recovery' for the cute penguin, and such a fun flamingo. I do love those oval frames, they really draw the eye to your delicious images! Hugs, Anita :)
I've had a little reprieve between birthing times [80 so far] for the butterflies, Sharron - so happy to have these extras pop into my inbox today!
You, my friend, are one fanTABulous Copic colorist!!! Loving your sweet little bluebird perched on my favorite of all flowering trees! That little penguin is so cahUTE!!! and OH em GEE that flamingo paper - I'd be hoarding it!
=]
Post a Comment