Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The12 Kits of Occasions: July with Marybeth "Summer and More"

We're back with our July posts and even more summer fun!! And the hostess for the 12 Kits of Occasions this month is the sweet and extremely talented Marybeth from Marybeth's Time for Paper. See Lindsey's wonderful collage below to get a peek at all the fantastic goodies. I adore Purple Onion  so was thrilled to open my kit and find all these charming images. Marybeth even fussy cut many of them so they were ready to color if we wished! Oh, and there were gorgeous fuchsias from Pretty Pink Posh, especially fun to color! Thank you, Marybeth, for a wonderful kit!!

I can't wait to see what all the other designers made so I'm anxious to go visiting. Hope you are too! Just click HERE to reach the 12 Kits blog where you can find links to all the blogs.

COLLAGE AND PHOTO BY LINDSEY

I love how these wonderful stamped images are made more special by the addition of some adorable Purple Onion critters!




I used a PTI Mix & Mat die set for the card below.


I used one of Jennifer McGuire's techniques to make a Shadow Box card. Here is the front,


and here is the inside!


And lastly is this fun crew off for a road trip!


Hope you are having a fun summer and that we gave you some inspiration for your summer designs.
Love when you come by!

Sharron

8 comments:

Birgit said...

Hi Sharron ~ So many cute, cute cards here! I love the swinging bunny with the PTI M&M die. The striped paper is completely adorable with them! I just knew you'd do some cute things with all the little critters in this kit and you have! I love the ocean background on the summer fun card. Is that PTI too?? Great job using Marybeth's fun kit!

Nancy Penir said...

Sharron, you did fabulous things with Marybeth's kit. Love it all, and so much to take in, but the shadowbox card is up there in rare air, gorgeous! Love every sweet thing about it! The swinging bunny is so adorable, and the fuchsias are gorgeous and colored beautifully too. All inspiring, my friend! Haven't used my road trip critters yet, and I'm gathering ideas from all of you. Noticed you added the word, 'explore' to the license plate. Definitely adding that brilliant idea! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

I can tell from each and every card that you had lots of fun with this summer filled kit! Your fuchsia are colored perfectly, love the little bunny swinging among the leaves and pink stripes, and the road you added for the road trip gang is such a CUTE idea...so is the lettering on the license plate!

Marybeth said...

Love them all Sharron! That beach scene looks amazing with the sand , water and sky wow.... I love that one! The fuchsias look amazing on all the green patterned paper paper sure makes for a tropical card! The bunny on the swing with the stripes is absolutely darling with the leaves peeking around the edge. I love what you did with the kit! Hugs and Happy August!

I Card Everyone said...

I am SO behind, Sharron! Thanks for introducing me to J.McG's shadowbox technique - what a fantastic card! Your coloring on all the images is sublime - LOve your little friend under the fuchsia! BUT you've topped the cake with this fabulous VW in GRAY!!!
=] M

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! Swooning over shadowbox card with the turtle! Special folds always scare me. I think that is the cutest thing ever - inside and out! Brilliant to make a little road for the van, and the greenery for the bunny in the swing. You added lots of little accents that complete the scene. Like that little snail with the flowers saying hi! So clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron as usual all of your cards are so unexpected and fabulous! The bunny inside the wreath is darling, fuchsias coloured brilliantly, bunny on the swing and the turtle through the window. Love them all!

Anita in France said...

Love how these sweet little critters make an appearance in each adorable scene, Sharron ... the detailing on every one is fabulous! The shadowbox beach card is brilliant ... such a fun surprise ... and so inviting! Hugs, Anita :)