Monday, April 30, 2018

The 12 Kits of Occasions: April with Lisa "My Little Chickadee"

Are things blooming where you live! Our weather has been so strange but at least there is lots of green. I guess Spring has finally officially arrived! The theme for this month's 12 Kits of Occasions is a favorite for me as birds are something my hubby and I have always shared.  And I loved the supplies that this month's very talented hostess, Lisa from My Paper Tales, sent. Her kit contained the sweetest images with fabulous sentiments and lovely papers, as you can see in the photo below. I can't wait to see what the others have made. I have lots of leftovers that are waiting to be used!


COLLAGE AND PHOTO BY LINDSEY


Lisa has also invited a special guest to be this month's guest designer. I just peeked at one of her awesome cards and you will want to visit her blog as well as the blogs of all our members. Just click HERE to connect with the 12 Kits blog. A list of Lisa's supplies can be found at the top. I hope you enjoy visiting as much as I enjoyed creating with the wonderful supplies!!



LOVE THE CLOTHESPINS!
THE FEATHERS AND THE VELLUM WORKED SO WELL TOGETHER AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SENTIMENT FROM SERENDIPITY STAMPS.
THE SENTIMENT FOR THIS CARD CAME FROM PTI'S SPRING HILLS SET.

Thank you so much for taking time to visit! We love having visitors to our blog hop and hope you have a wonderful time!

Sharron

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Layers and layers of lovely design ideas today, Sharron!
I knew the moment I opened Lisa's fabulous Kit that you'd love finding these birds - you can tell by your coloring that you truly do know your Chickadees - I call them the 'swingset bird' and I'll bet you know why!
I see several images that I've reserved for future use colored in the sweetest of ways... this feeder box is one of them!
Fabulous cards, my friend!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many beautiful and incredible cards Sharron! You took Lisa's amazing kit and created so many stunning and sweet cards. Your lilacs is my favorite, your coloring is just beautiful.

Marybeth said...

Just when I think your first card will be my favorite, I continue on and love each one! So loving the patterned paper of feathers with the beautiful layer of vellum and the last one with the birdhouse! Each one a delight, Sharron! As always beautiful creations with the kit! Hugs to you !

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! I knew you would love this kit.. the minute I saw all the birdies I thought of you! I think my favorite is the birds on the clothes line. I just couldn't figure out a good way to use them. I love how you added the pattern paper and the sentiment! The vellum over the feathers is so pretty too. It really softens the background! The lilacs are stunning too.. I'm loving all the purple... how could I ever pick a favorite!?? I guess I just cant! LOL

Lisa Elton said...

Well what do you know, another bird lover! I'm so happy you liked the kit Sharron...it shows in all of your pretty works of art. I like the way you used the vellum as overlays on two of your cards. The final card with the birdhouse and polka dots is my favorite. It's just oozing with spring prettiness!

Birgit said...

Hi Sharron ~ This kit was right up your alley wasn't it? Your cards are all just as sweet as can be! The first card is layered up perfectly with the vellum sentiment but they're all my favorites. You've colored those lilacs in beautifully as well as that darling birdhouse. What a wonderful way to start my day visiting your blog!

Nancy Penir said...

Such beautiful cards, Sharron! Your lilacs are gorgeous, and I love the first card and the way you colored the chickadee. Fabulous layering!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharon all of theses are so beautiful! I just love the way that you coloured the images--just the right amount of colour and the right shades. Love them all but that first card made my gasp--so tweet!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous collection, Sharron ... they're all so delicate and lovely ... an absolutely delightful showcase of this month's sweet kit! Hugs, Anita :)

Michelle said...

Five fabulous creations!! Beautiful colors/coloring (love your chickadee and the lavender lilacs), lovely layering and wonderful use of the soft vellum! Oh so pretty.... in every way!

Darnell said...

Sorry to be so late with my visit, Sharron, but I didn't forget that I wanted to swing by and see your 12 Kits and I'm so glad I did! Your designs are all so full of color and curves and dimension! I can't even pick a fave since I'm a bird (and lilac) lover, too, and they are all so sweet! Hugs, Darnell