Monday, October 30, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasions: October with Nancy "Boo To You"


Hi All! Are you ready to celebrate Halloween! We don't have trick or treaters where we live so making cards is my fun way to celebrate. The 12 Kits of Occasions reveal is a day early this month so everyone will have plenty of time for their spooky celebrations. As you will see, we had the most fun filled kit designed by Nancy at Artful Notions. See Lindsey's picture below to get an idea of all the supplies it contained. There was lots I didn't use so I will be able to play another time. Look at all the fun and spooky images and die cuts. And the patterned papers were fabulous. For each of my cards I used the pattern for my inspiration! A big thank you to Nancy for a wonderful month!!

Click HERE to go to the 12 Kits blog where you will find links to all the blogs. A list of all the supplies Nancy sent can be found at the top.

COLLAGE AND PHOTO BY LINDSEY

My first card uses this week's sketch at C(ASE) this Sketch. It was a perfect use for the spiders and sentiment Nancy stamped. I cut them with circle dies and used a circle of purple to highlight each one.




Love this sentiment! My hubby suggested it would be great as a card to give someone in person and have someone come up behind them as they read it!


Nancy included three of these fabulous cauldrons and I mixed and matched pieces to create two versions. This first was inspired by a recent card by Michele, I Card Everyone. I thought I would use a sentiment for the inside "How about joining us for some bubbly". The ghosts are from a former Halloween kit.




Another easy design--isn't that paper wonderful! Love the jumbo candy corn die cut! 


Hope you enjoy today's hop! And have a wonderful Halloween!

Sharron

13 comments:

Vikki H said...

what a fun set of cards!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG.. cool things I LOVE.. the ghosties around the steamy cauldron the cool spiders in the web paper and the sentiment with the witch paper! Spooky goodness here!

Nancy Penir said...

Sharron, your cards tickle! Oh the darling cauldrons. The ghosties popping out are adorable. Love the spider card, and how you used the papers hi light the sentiment card. Just darling! Hugs, and Happy Halloween!

Lisa Elton said...

These are all perfectly Halloweeny! What a great use of the sketch with those creepy spiders and I love the ghosts floating out of the cauldron. All too cute to spook!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so fun!

I Card Everyone said...

There you are!! I tried to come by yesterday morning! Recognized that Sketch immediately, and had to smile - it's perfection!
BTW I'd LOve to join you for some bubbly, of any kind! You are too cute, Sharron - and so is every single, spook-a-licious card!
Happy Halloween, my friend - wish we could trick-or-treat together! xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

OH my...Sharron, just love all of your cards, so much fun! I just love how you used those fabulous spiders, just too darn cute. Wishing you a simply Happy Halloween!

Lindsey said...

Sharron, you made so many fabulous cards! Each time I looked at a new one I asked myself, "Why didn't I think of that?" And guess what? I pulled from Jeanne's kit last year as well. :) I needed just something else on my card, and I knew that Jeanne would have it covered. Ha! Your card with the witch patterned paper is my favorite although I am loving the way you used the cauldrons as well. Each of these is so wonderful.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

You've been able to make a great set of Halloween cards with this great kit.

Chrissy Larson said...

These cards are all awesome. What great inspiration!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous, creepy collection, Sharron ... each one full of splendid spookiness ... those shimmery cauldren scenes are brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Oh , Sharron you have so many wonderful designs that you created with Nancys kit! I think the striped patterned paper and pot has to be my favorite for sure. I also love the way you matched so many thing up with the patterned paper . Beautiful cards all of them!

Birgit said...

Sharron, all of your cards are just darling! I love the little ghosts floating over the cauldron. So cute! I fell in love with the giant candy corns too and will have to CAS your sweet card using it!