Thursday, August 31, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasions: August with Lisa "Teacher's Pet"

Well, summer is coming to a close and this month our 12 Kits of Occasions is focusing on school. Lisa from My Paper Tales is our super talented hostess. She always make such lovely cards and we all looked forward to receiving her special kit. I knew I was going to love it the minute I opened it! See Lindsey's collage below to see the fabulous mix of supplies. There were such wonderful papers and awesome diecuts. My favorite were all the sweet Purple Onion images and the first thing I did was color them! I've been using colored pencils more and they worked great for these cute little critters. I had also just received a PTI order with several Mix and Mat dies so I had fun playing with those also.

Lisa invited a guest designer so be sure to Judy Marino's blog to see her wonderful creations. Click HERE to go to the 12 Kits blog where you will find a link to Judy's blog as well as links to all the 12 Kits members blogs. A supply list is available by going to the Monthly Kit Supplies 2017 located at the top.

Hope you enjoy all the creations!!
COLLAGE BY LINDSEY


I added a piece of black cardstock to help highlight the sweet bunny and that adorable school bus.


Aren't the school buses fun! And I'm in love with this cute owl. I have a few Purple Onion stamps but can see there are several more I plan to order.



I think this is my favorite bunny! Anything with books is always an attraction for me. I also found a PTI sentiment that I will use for the inside, "Having you as a friend is like curling up with a good book".


Message for the inside "for lending a hand". 


This is the sweetest little mouse! I debated about sentiments but finally decided on this "Wish Big" from a PTI set.


Lisa also included two die cut Lawn Fawn Milk Cartons. I used a couple of the included images and a piece of twine that was also in our kits. 

Hope you enjoy the hop and find some inspiration along the way. Thanks for visiting and thanks so very much to Lisa for a fabulous kit! 

It's always wonderful to be able to share,
Sharron

14 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute Miss Sharron, I just love how you paired all those sweet little critters with so many of your fabulous cards, so clever and so much fun. Love your sweet rainbow thanks and your school bus yellow milk carton is simply wonderful!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! Nice to visit with you today! You made so many projects with this kit! You did an amazing job! You used lots of things I didnt.. like the chalkboard sticker, buttons, and die cuts! I feel the love coming through on these and am thinking you have someone in mind for these! I think my favorite is the bunny reading the book on the apple die cut! So sweet!

Judy1223 said...

Hi, Sharron! I have to say I am so amazed by all of your projects with this kit! I adore your milk carton design, and your cards are all so adorable! I love your coloring (Wish Big is fabulous!!) and your adorable fussy cut reading bunny is awesome! It was really fun guest designing this month with you and the 12 Kits design team...thanks for having me!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Sharron, these are all just as cute as they can be!! Your coloring on the PO images is fantastic. They look so soft and cuddly. I am swooning over your apple card with my favorite floral paper and your perfectly fussy cut bunny. I'm so happy you enjoyed the kit!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Sharon! Look at all your projects, all adorable! Love the yellow milk carton, and love too, the hand buttons on your thank you card. That one is a beauty! Gorgeous primary color rainbow. Your pencil strip on the yellow card is colored so darling. I just love that one too. And then there's that sweet reading bunny on the red apple. Oh my, I just love them all!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron these are the sweetest projects, I always love seeing how you work with your kits and I always have those why didn't I think of that moments. Your colouring of all the images goes perfectly with the theme and the colours. Love the cute bunny reading on the floor and the chevron card is so fun. Great idea to punch two holes in the milk carton for the twine. Love them all!

Birgit said...

Oh my Sharron, you did a fabulous job coloring all those sweet critters with pencils. Perfectly done! All your projects are so darling and the sentiments you found to go along with them are just perfect as well. So clever and each one of them as sweet as the next. The black panel on the first card is the perfect touch to make the bus and bunny pop. I love that you used the chalkboard label too. That had me stumped. Well done my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Sharron your pencil-coloring has given each of these darling characters even MORE character with their feathers, fur, and fabulous details!
WISH BIG, indeed! I'm wishing I had that stamp - you cannot imagine how many times I've had her in my cart! LOve her stockings!
Every card a charmer, my friend... xx
=]

Darnell said...

Excellent designs using Lisa's wonderful kit, Sharron! You color beautifully with your pencils and you added fantastic touches that worked perfectly with Lisa's elements!! Hugs, Darnell

Lindsey said...

Oh, Sharron, these are marvelous! Those images were my favorite, too, and I just realized that I did not color a single one! I kind of wish I had seeing how darling they look in color. I particularly love your bunny card and the apple with the chevrons behind it. I've been eyeing several of those mix and matt dies and you certainly make them look even more appealing!

Anita in France said...

Just the sweetest projects, Sharron ... those POD little critters are coloured so beautifully ... seems I could almost reach out and stroke the fur and feathers ... they're adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

WOW! You clearly were enamoured with this kit, based on the array of joyful creations you've shared here! All are gems; especially smitten with the darling bunny and bus pairing! I'll be scouting out the kit ingredients for sure; perfect for making cards for my now-in-Grade 2 niece and starting-kindergarten nephew! Thank you for the smiles!
~carol

Marybeth said...

These are too sweet , Sharron! You did a beautiful job coloring in the PO images! I think I was afraid I would mess them up. Sorry Im so late in commenting. Its been a rough two months with me not feeling well. All better now. Hope all is good with you.

lostinpaper said...

These are all so beautiful Sharron and your colouring is fabulous! I agree that that fun little belly lying bunny is super cute!!