Monday, July 31, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasion: July with Kim "Christmas in July"

The 12 Kits of Occasions theme this month is Christmas! What a wonderful relief from our high temps to play with some cold weather goodies! Our hostess this month is our very talented and sweet Kim from Cupcakes, Card and Kim. She sent a fun mixture of holiday stamps, great die cuts and lots of pretty papers. Lindsey does these great collages for us each month so below you can see some of the supplies in Kim's kit.

PHOTO BY LINDSEY
I really loved the kit, Kim, and now I'm inspired to use my leftovers and get out more Christmas themed supplies to start on this year's cards. Thanks so much for the inspiration and encouragement!!


I cut out some of the images from one of the papers that illustrate some of the hectic events of the season to use with the kitty and fun sentiment from Avery Elle.


I always love Pure Innocence images and this little girl is enjoying winter!


All these fabulous pre-stamped images and die cuts made this card easy peasy.


I think I overdid the color on my dark brown pup!

Time to send you on your way! There is always lots to see plus we are happy to have a special guest designer. Just click HERE to go to the 12 Kits blog where you will find links to all the different blogs. You can also find Kim's supply list at the top.

Thanks so much for joining us this month. Hope you find some inspiration!

Sharron

10 comments:

Birgit said...

Sharron, your cards are all so adorable!! The sassy kitty card is so darling and I love how you used that printed paper. I'm glad I saved that piece out because I didn't know how to use it. I'll be casing your ideas with my leftovers. Thanks for the fun inspiration!!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Sharron! Such holiday fun this summery morning. Enjoying my visits with each of you. A cool start to a blisteringly hot day. Love seeing how each of you have used what we were given. And your cards are such a treat! Miss Kitty with her Christmas images is a favorite. Love your sweet coloring on the little sledder too. Even the jeans have shading, lovely!!! Have a great week, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

There's not one thing 'over colored' about that adorable pup ... he's my favorite flavor!
I just knew you'd do something fabulous with that naughty Kitten - I'm saving that design - wish I had received those sentiments! maybe NEXT Christmas?
Darling designs, Sharron!
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...I agree with Michele, love your sweet pup, he's perfect! Really love your sweet trio of festive critters, they are simply adorable. Your cup of holiday cheer looks fabulous on that green patterned paper and that twine is the perfect way to finish it off. Love that sassy kitty and your sweet sledding girl, so fun. Wishing you a fabulous day.

Marybeth said...

Darling Christmas cards, miss Sharron! Loving the first card with the shop till you drop on it....how cute is that! The little one on the sled is also darling! Oh that kitten card is too cute!

Anita in France said...

These are all so sweet and festive, Sharron ... and so fun ... that cool, sophisticated kitty is especially fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

There is plenty of prettiness to drink in here Sharron! You pup looks good to me...like chocolate!! I like all of the cute panels with fun sentiments you added to the fancy kitty. Love them all!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron I love all of your designs, I always have aha moments when I see your posts. You think of things I never did. I will say that your first card with the AE cat is absolutely brilliant! You captured the perfect sentiment for the activities of the season. Love your colouring of the PI girl on the sled and I think your trio of furry friends is coloured perfectly, the dog is not too dark!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! I think my favorite this time is the kitty.. so smart that you used the pattern paper with all the Christmas "to do"'s they go perfect with the sentiment and your kitty looks fab! I love the coloring on the girl in the sled.. the coloring looks like material! Wonderful cards! I love the blue frame with the pups too! The coloring on the kitty in the middle with the patch over his eye is amazing! Your details have me amazed!

Joyce said...

Such an amazing collection of cards, Sharron. It looks like Kim sent an amazing kit, and you really made the most of it.