I've had these two cards done for a while but just didn't get them posted. The first was a Christmas card for a special friend and the second was my hubby's birthday card for a couple of days after Christmas.
I knew the instant I saw the Fusion Challenge inspiration that I would use my PTI Winter Woods set. Nichole designed a trio of birds in Charley Harper style. And I absolutely love them! The only problem now is wishing Nichole would design more birds in the same style! The background is embossed with a Sizzix snowflake folder, the oval is Lil' Inkers Stitched Ovals, sentiment is a PTI die cut and the patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket. Greenery is from WPlus9's Merry & Bright and the birch trees are Avery Elle. I tried several reds for the cardinal and found the best is Avery Elle's Strawberry, a gift from a very sweet friend. I wanted the bird's head to be black with the wing/tail stamp to be a dark gray so I cut my stamp apart to stamp.
The Freshly Made Sketches Challenge led me to this design. Guess what, a snowflake! Mine is a Memory Box Bianca Snowflake, cut from glittery paper. The embossing is a Lifestyle Snowflake pattern. I made my own sentiment which is computer generated. The cup (done in green-hubby's favorite color) is from a Christmas present set, MFT's Birdie Brown Merry Christmouse.
A Little Side Note:
I helped at our botanical gardens before Christmas making greenery arrangements to sell at the holiday Illuminations. There were a lot of assorted decorations to use for accents but when we started to run low I decided to make some using stamps. I used all kinds of stamps but this particular one is from MFT Birdie Brown's Santa's Elves. I bought the smallest plastic ornaments from Michaels and PTI's Tag Sale #4 fit perfectly. I just had to cut off the top tag part so we could use the more sturdy plastic one. I added artificiaI snow purchased at a local nursery. If you are ever looking for winter decorations for your home, fresh greenery works better than anything else as it will last for ages by just adding a little water to the oasis. I bought this one to bring home. It was made 3 weeks ago and is still fresh as new!
Have a safe evening if you are going to be out and about, and a very blessed New Year!!
See you next year,
Sharron


13 comments:
Hey there, Sharron. Happy New Year!! Love your cards--I also have some winter woods cards I made but never got to share, and I am going to CASE this one to add to my stash. Love the colors, and how you used an oval as your focal point. Wonderful birthday card and crafty project, too. Hope you DH had a fun birthday.
Such beautiful cards! The cocoa on the snowflake is so cute! So,glad you joined us at FMS!
Oh your little elf decoration is adorable ! Oh my gosh your fusion card is gorgeous and so perfect! Your snowflake is spot on too!
I absolutely loved your Christmas shinny bird card! Thank you! Happy New Year, Sharron! Happy birthday to your DH
BEAUTIFUL cards Sharron!! I especially LOVE the first one. Every time I see those little elves I know I NEED them!! Your little ornaments are adorable!! Happy New Year, looking forward to the 12 Kits this year!!
What a gorgeous cardinal, Sharron ... love that bright colour against the frosty looking grey! Your DH's birthday card is fabulous ... the inside is so sweet and that mug looks full of yumminess ... hope he had a happy day! The lush greenery and elf decoration is adorable ... so cute! Have a 2016 blessed with all good things! Anita :)
Great cards! Love that silver snowflake and cute mug! Such a fun birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Awesome cards, Sharron!! Especially loved the first one. The red cardinal really pops out in the card! Awesome! xx Ashwini
I am so glad to see you got this PTI bird set Sharron. Every time I see it I think of you! It's in the right hands now! Thinking I need it too! LOL! Gosh your card is so stunning with the silver "peace" die cut and pop of red. Just gorgeous! I know you posted two cards, but wow.. I cant take my eyes off that cardinal!
Sharron so glad you popped in with a last few cards, these are gorgeous. I particularly love that red cardinal--gorgeous! Happy New Year my friend!
The red bird card is absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Fusion!
LOVE both of your cards, Sharron, they're beautiful!! I just love that red bird so much! And the little greenery arrangement, could it be more adorable with that sweet little elf ornament!!! Wonderful!
Such gorgeous cards (can't believe I missed them!), especially love that Charlie Harper bird!
I'm catching up on your posts, and I'm so glad I did. So many fabulous creations. One of my absolute favorites is the ornament you created. Such a darling arrangement, and I'm super excited to know about the tag sale die being a perfect fit. I'm pretty sure I picked up some of those ornaments on sale this year. :)
Post a Comment