Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"POP UP" Challenge featuring Lines

Surprise!!!---I am actually posting a card that isn't part of a 12 Kits of Occasions reveal! I have been such a bad blogger this summer! Kathy over at The Daily Marker is featuring a Pop Up Challenge featuring lines so I was tempted to give it a try. Recently I was lucky enough to go with a friend, who does a lot of tangling designs, to the school district's Learning Center. They have a huge file of large dies! We cut some to have larger images to use for tangling designs. I cut these small fish as well. This is my first attempt so I know it isn't the best but it's a fun new paper technique to play with. You can create any designs that you want. I used a 0.1 black marker. I also took the opportunity to try some ink 'smooshing' for the background. After about six tries with that, I decided to go with this one!

Edited to note I did use a layer of acetate under the frame.


I thought it might make a good masculine birthday card!

Thanks so much for visiting and letting me share,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Pond Life (PTI)
Paper: White Cardstock (Michael's); Watercolor Paper (Strathmore)
Dies: Fish; Large Deckled Rectangles (Spellbinders); Sending (SSS)
Markers: Black 0.1 (Staedtler); Copic Y17, YR04

11 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fabulous card and love your fish!!

Marybeth said...

You could never be a bad blogger! Wonderful fish and water scene here Sharron, love the fun play on words. I have to say its nice to see you post , I know you keep very busy. Hugs

Marika said...

Such a fun card! Love the watercoloured look and the contrast to the black.

Kara said...

Awesome!

Joyce said...

I love this, Sharon. Your fish looks so exotic with all those lines, and I love the patterns you made and how you colored. Your smooshed background is also amazing and I like how you did the edges. I've recently discovered this blog, and have been working on adding some lines to my projects as well.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is AWESOME, Sharron! The watercolor background is PERFECT with the fish and sentiment, LOVE!!

Cammie said...

Sharron, the design you drew on the fish is great! And your smooshed background is perfect.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous!

Darnell said...

Sharron, just look at all your talent that you are denying us when you don't post your creations more often! This card is phenomenal! So much color and interest and movement! I love it!! I want more!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jill Norwood said...

Such a fun card!!! Love the ink smooshing! :)

Kathy said...

Loved your "lined" fish. He is so cute. Your smooshing created a perfect ocean for your fish to swim in. Love the edges and your placement of your sentiment. Thank you for being part of the Pop Up Challenge. Sorry for the delay in commenting. Hugs, Kathy