Monday, August 31, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch #138

This is my second post for the day. Please scroll down for the 12 Kits of Occasions August reveal.

SKETCH  #138

It has been forever since I last did a card for this challenge! I haven't been doing challenges at all lately so I'm hoping to break my bad habit!! When I saw Heather Nichols (Pine Is Here) from PTI post a batik technique, I knew it would be great with this sketch. I was going to use white for the base but switched to Hawaiian Teal for a rich contrast. I cut out the rectangle and placed the finished watercolor paper behind. The embossed leaves are from Turning a New Leaf (PTI) and the zebra (my take on the sketch challenge stripes) and sentiments are from another PTI set, It's a Jungle Out There.

Of course, I had to made a mask for the zebra so he wouldn't have green stripes but wished I had some masking fluid as that would probably have worked better!



Hope you enjoy! Try this technique if you can. It's very cool!
Thanks for letting me share,
Sharron

6 comments:

Kara said...

Love that background!

Marybeth said...

Love the background too and the colors with this zebra! I will have to see how its done.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a great card this is, Sharron! The colorful background looks amazing with the zebra!!!

Darnell said...

First of all, this is adorable! But, oh my, you stole my heart with the colors, Sharron!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful! That background batik technique looks so fab, thanks for the link and to add the zebra, pure genius, he is brilliant!