I have had a whirlwind month and a half and am hoping to get back into a more subdued routine with more crafty time. I've really missed the time to create! But I knew right away what I wanted to make when I saw this Runway Inspired Challenge photo.
One of my 12 Kits friends, Kara from KandRdesigns, is so creative and uses the best techniques. I'm always seeing something I want to try out. This recent one was using some papers that were in Marybeth's kit for the June 12 Kits of Occasions. Click HERE to see her technique for adding color to the pretty tone on tone paper (the last two cards on her post). For this challenge I chose a paper with a flower design and used different ink colors.
This side view lets you see how the colors are on the matte finish leaving the shiny background. I used daubers with ink pads and markers but found the markers much easier to use. I just didn't have many colors! Love the way it turned out and plan to use some of my other leftover papers and other colors. The 'hello' die is from PTI.

12 comments:
Beautiful card, Sharron! Lovely flowers and I like how you used the shape from the dress on your card!
Oh my Sharron...this is stunning. I love your fabulous design and that hello is amazing. So fun to see more cards on your blog, you are so creative.
We missed you too,Sharron! You came back with a beauty! Love the flowers and shimmer paper!
Sharron, this is so fantastic. I love how you colored that paper, and I am so glad that I have some of that paper left also. Glad to see you back creating. I have missed you.
Aren't you the smartest person around? Love that you used Kara's technique on Marybeth's paper!
Sharon way to rock the runway, love your card and the triangular dip--perfect!
The design of this card is amazing and I'm even more in awe of the technique you used to add color to that paper. I think I have some left, and I'm itching to get home to try it out.
Love both of these designs - that angled banner is really cool, and the flower coloring technique is super fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!
Love it with more than one color ink!
Hello Sharron, you shows beautiful works on your site!
I would like to invite you to my creative side:
http://www.hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.eu/en/
Please leave me a message on my shop, it makes me very happy!
Have fun looking. Many Greetings from Marina
Oh, this is lovely!
I've been off my routine for some weeks now, too, Sharron, and I'm just seeing this outstanding card! I don't know if this was recognized by RIC, but I can tell you if I was judging, it would have been a winner! This is a cool card in every way and a keeper of a layout!! Hugs, Darnell
Post a Comment