Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger

This is my first Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. I love red & white for Christmas and I knew immediately I would use this darling stitched stocking from Waltzingmouse Sewing Box-Christmas. I have used this set so much--absolutely love it! The stocking is paper pieced with some patterned paper from my stash. The snowflakes are from Merry & Bright (Papertrey Ink) and the sentiment is in the Sewing Box set.

My major undertaking was the background. It is a combination of stamps from Guide Lines and Sign Language, both from PTI. I have used these together before and loved the results. But yesterday I just couldn't get them lined up, even using the guidelines paper. Today I made another try just using plain paper--not perfect but okay. I think I need to practice more!

Cardstock is Papertrey White and Pure Poppy. Ink is Memento, Button-PTI, Twine-Martha Stewart, Embossing Folder-EK Success.

I plan to use this color combo again for cards/tags that will go with my cookie boxes and treats that I make for friends and neighbors. Usually I would make my own but I found some perfect Martha Stewart boxes on sale today at Michael's. Thought I would just cut a few corners and just work on cards and baking!!

Have a good one..........

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Absolutely adore this! Of course I adore that Waltzingmouse Stamp set and who wouldn't love Papertrey??!!! and love your button treatment!

Lin said...

Very cute! You've got both the quilt and the stocking elements in one card!

Sylvia said...

This is a very cute card. I love your stocking! Have a great day!

Helen F. said...

I love this Waltzingmouse Stamp set...such an adorable card!

Ted said...

So adorable! Love the color choices! :)

Ingrid said...

What a lovely card. I love the stocking.

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card and I love the colors on it!

Kim said...

Great idea to combine those two sets!

farmhouse-story said...

sweet-love the stocking, sharron!

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Oh, such a pretty scalloped edge! Love your take on the trigger.
Kim Kesti
Go-to Gal

Winter said...

Cute! Love the stocking! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sharon! I love your approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger! I'm so glad you decided to join us! :)