Saturday, November 30, 2019

The 12 Kits of Occasions: November with Lindsey "All is Calm, All is Bright"


PHOTO BY LINDSEY
Hope everyone in the States had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! We are now on the countdown to Christmas and other winter holidays! And fitting with the season the 12 Kits group was able to focus on Christmas and winter designs. Lindsey, Occasional Stamping, was this month's talented and very sweet hostess and she sent us a truly beautiful kit. You can find a list of all the supplies Lindsey included at the top of the 12 Kits blog. I loved the natural colors and emphasis on nature. There were so many options on ways to combine elements and after coloring my images I spend quite a bit of time mixing and matching until I could finally decide on my favorites. There were just so many great images, pretty papers and fun die cuts! Thank you Lindsey for a wonderful month! Now I'm anxious to see what the other designers have made so am heading over to the 12 Kits blog HERE. Won't you please join me........

I always love little critters that I can color. This month I used Prismacolor pencils for everything. The sentiment is from an Avery Elle set.

(EDITED PHOTO --I GOT THE MANGER ON MY FIRST CARD CROOKED.
SINCE I MESSED UP THE BLACK WHEN I PEELED IT OFF I ADDED THE GRAY LAYER. I THINK I LIKE IT BETTER!)

These reindeer were so cute! Here I did add a sentiment from Picket Fence.


I dug out a very old rubber stamp to make the cap and added a pearl accent!





I ended with this whimsical design and Rudolph!

Hope you enjoyed the hop and got some inspiration to help with your Christmas designs! Have a blessed and peaceful holiday season!

Sharron

8 comments:

Anita in France said...

Gosh, Sharron, you've created such loveliness with Lindsey's kit ... each card a delight! My heart is taken with the nativity ... I do love a card showing the true meaning of Christmas ... and this one does it beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...so many sweet and wonderful cards. Your coloring is simply beautiful. Your poinsettias are stunning and look just beautiful on that background paper. Love all your sweet critters too, so much fun.

Birgit said...

Oh Sharron, you do critters so well and these cards are all adorable, starting right off with that foxy ornament... So cute!! The Santa hat on the bear is super cute too! Love all your sweet cards Sharron. They all speak so well of your animal loving heart.

Lisa Elton said...

Your little fox looks adorable on the ornament. Who wouldn't want that hanging on their tree! I like the way you blended all three metallics from the kit into your Nativity scene, it's lovely. And your final bit of whimsy has me smiling! Another marvelous job with a kit Sharron!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...what a great collection of cards from this kit Sharron!! Your fox card is absolutely ADORABLE and totally made me smile!! I'm loving both your reindeer cards too and also that lovely, lovely Poinsettia card! You really made the most out of Lindsey's kit and I'm sure she's smiling as much as I am after seeing all these beauties!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne J. said...

Well hello sweet Sharron! So happy for a visit today! Loving your cards.. my favorite has to be the bear - your coloring brings him to life and I love the little hat! Then it's those poinsettias.. the pop of color is wonderful! Your little fox on the ornament is adorable! I love how you tucked the little branches behind him to look like he's in the forest. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season - you're off to a great start!

Kara Lynne said...

Each card is wonderful, Sharron! We both put that cutie fox on the ornament, but I love the gold plaid behind yours, it makes that ornament really stand out! Great save on your nativity scene - not only clever, but such a nice balance with the night sky! It is so fun to see how you used the reindeer, and I love the hat and fur on your bear! It's always so fun to see your creations, Sharron!

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron, these are all so beautifully done. The cute reindeer with holly is so pretty with the merry over the branch. Love the mostly black and white card with the gold nativity scene.... Sorry l’m so late to comment. I am sure you had Lindsey smiling when she saw what you did with her kit.