Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The 12 Kits of Occasions: April with Kara "For the Graduate"

Hi All! We're back with another reveal by the 12 Kits of Occasions! Since graduation season is just around the corner, Kara sent us this awesome kit full of elements perfect for graduations. Kara, Bright Hope Creations, is our newest designer and this is her first kit. I'm sure you will agree that it is amazing! I loved the variety of elements she included--all with the graduation theme but different and unique. Below is a photo done by our talented Lindsey showing some of the supplies. A list can also be found at the top of the 12 Kits blog. HERE is the link. Links to all the other designers' blogs can be found there also.

PHOTO BY LINDSEY



This was especially fun! The only trouble was getting everything lined up! I loved all the rainbow patterns that Kara included in the kits so I cut the inside striped piece in the same shape as the opening.  That way there was a rainbow background but some space inside for a signature.


This die cut was perfect for a shaker. And once again I got to use some rainbow paper along with rainbow sprinkles! I used two die cuts (black and white) for the girl. By layering them a little off center it gave more dimension.


This was the last card I made and it is my favorite! I always loved this WPlus9 set so enjoyed seeing it in the kit. I love all the bright colors, even used PTI Harvest Gold for the card base so it is a fun happy card.


Sorry I couldn't quite get this photographed so the sentiment shows up well. Loved that patterned paper with all the diplomas and the die cut caps--such an easy card to put together!


Kara included lots of these die cuts with different poses. It made creating CAS designs a breeze!

Thanks so much Kara! I had a great month playing with your wonderful kit. And I still have many more supplies. I saved the Stamping Bella girl to use when I know who will get it--so I can color her gown the right color. Your colored version will be a definite inspiration!!

Hope everyone enjoys the hop this month!

Thanks for letting us share!

Hugs,
Sharron

12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I am thrilled to see your fantastic cards, Sharron! I'm so glad you enjoyed that spinner. She looks wonderful with the stripes behind her. I love that opening shape for her too! I was wondering if anyone would use the silhouettes by backing the white with the black - it gives such a dynamic look to it. What a great idea to have the balloon floating through the congratulations circle, and kudos to you for cutting out those tiny balloon strings! That die cut shape is gorgeous on your tassel/hassle card, and I love the CAS elegance of the black/white/and gold celebrate card!

Birgit said...

Your spinner card is such a hoot Sharron! I love it with the rainbow striped paper in the background and the design you used for the window. Your shaker card is darling and I love how you layered the black silhouette behind the white one. It really does give it more dimention. The balloon kitty is darling and just as happy and cheerful as can be! The CAS card at the end is simply wonderful as is the tassle card. Well done using Kara's fun kit my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Five FABULOUS cards Sharron...I didn't want your post to end! Your spinning lady is just a hoot and I love the colorful striped paper behind her! Wonderful coloring too!! Loved your shaker card and the hot air balloon card too...soooo sweet!! And I too LOVED how you offset the white and black silhouette to create more dimension...great idea and I think I might need to CASE that idea with a few that I have left! Can definitely tell you had FUN creating with this kit...your cards are all simply wonderful my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nora Noll said...

What awesome cards!! I LOVE the fun spinner and the way you used the silhouettes!!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is your spinning lady! I still have mine and need make one of these. All of your cards showcase Kara's kit perfectly. My favorite is the sweet kitty in the balloon. Love that design!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my Sharron...just love all your incredible cards, each one just as fabulous as the next! Just love how you put your sweet critter in that hot air balloon, just adorable. Fabulous shaker, just so much fun and perfect for any grad! Love them all.

Marybeth said...

I don't even know where to start with commenting on these beauties Sharron. Love the double layered silhouette on the shaker card... so pretty! The spinner card is just too fun and I cant wait to make one. Love the last one that we both kinda made the same as far as colors and dies. Yours looks great with both !
Happy May to you Sharron!

Darnell said...

You made such incredible cards with Kara's kit, Sharron! I love how you put the different elements together for your designs! Love those celebrating graduates in white silhouette! Everyone is so happy to get out of high school ... if they only knew that it gets really tough after that, lol! Hope you are doing well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a splendid, celebratory collection, Sharron ... each one so beautifully put together ... and so fun! That second one with the shaker element is especially eye catching ... there's so much colour and energy about it ... love the way you added depth to the graduate! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

ALL fabulous... I can't help but think how fun that spinner would be for an after-hip-surgery card!
=]

Jeanne J. said...

OMG! The kitty in the balloon on that rainbow background is amazing Sharron! I love how you set the balloon at an angle like he's in flight! I love your shaker, and regret not adding a grad to it. Maybe it's not too late? And the spinner is so fun (I need to take more chances and try new things!) Wonderful cards to add to your stash that your grads are going to love!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron I just love everything you created with Kara`s kit! The spinner I haven`t tackled yet but yours is so much fun as is your shaker card. This kit with all the fabulous papers was so fun to create with. I need to get it out again, I have a few things I want to case from you! Awesome!