Thursday, February 28, 2019

The 12 Kits of Occasions: February with Nancy "Party in the Park"

PHOTO BY LINDSEY
See the fabulous collage picture above! Doesn't it look like we're planning a party! This month's super talented hostess, Nancy at Artful Notions, chose the theme of "Party in the Park". I loved all the fun images and fabulous patterned papers. And once again I was thrilled to find a kit full of wonderful products that I had not used before.

I started with some colorful paper and one of the pinata party images which could easily be decorated in rainbow colors. It worked great to make a shaker!


Other popular items were some die cuts that could be arranged into wonderful layered flowers and leaves. I was going to use them on a plain background but ended up using this gorgeous flowered paper! Love all these awesome blooms!


My remaining cards were pure fun. The carousel horses (there were three) were easy to color and there were many papers and die cuts to mix and match. I made them so they could be used for a variety of occasions.




And this little otter is so adorable. Nancy said he didn't exactly fit with the other things she sent but was too cute not to share! I used a die cut Penny Black sentiment for the front and put the sentiment Nancy included on the inside. It says "Have an OTTERLY great birthday"!


Click HERE to connect to the 12 Kits blog where you will find samples of cards by all the other designers with links to their blogs. It should be a wonderful month so don't miss anyone's creations!
Have a great weekend and hopefully stay warm if you are anywhere winter seems to just be hanging on and on and on!!

Hugs,
Sharron

13 comments:

Birgit said...

I love all your fabulous cards here Sharron! The floral card is absolutely stunning!!! I think I could look at that paper all day long and paired with those sweet stitched hearts, it's a definite winner. Your shaker card is brilliant too and I love how you carried the paper into the background continuing the pattern. Such a fun card!! You rocked Nancy's beautiful kit my friend!

Kara Lynne said...

I love all of your festive cards, Sharron! Looks like we both turned that sentiment into a balloon to go with the balloon paper, but you stepped it up to include that fabulous shaker and rainbow pinata! The hearts let your layered rose be the focal image on the gorgeous rose paper, and your carousel creatures are both perfectly layered! So fun to see your otter swimming in the patterned paper! Such fun cards!

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful cards Sharron...love them all! Your festive pinata party shaker card is so amazing and your sweet carousel horse is beautiful. Love your sweet and adorable otter and those roses paired with those sweet hearts, so incredible!

Jeanne J. said...

What a fun mix of cards Sharron! I'm smitten with the rainbow of color on the unicorn shaker! Total party going on! The roses on the rose paper is like a walk in the garden, and the carousel horses are a fantasy - so smart to put the seahorse with the gold scallop paper and color in lavender. A fun adventure for us today!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS cards Sharron!! LOVE how you did your shaker card with the PP behind and on top too...so clever! And looks like we were thinking somewhat alike for the die cut roses and the rose patterned paper...love how you added the hearts to yours to make the flowers pop!! And your carousel cards are FANTASTIC...absolutely love them!! This was such a FUN kit to play with, wasn't it!! Hope you're doing well Sharron and that Spring is starting to show up down there in Kansas...if it is, will you send some of it up my way?? I'm soooo tired of Winter!! Hugs! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Sharron, your post looks like a celebration. So happy you enjoyed your kit, and loved every creation you made. You combined everything so beautifully, the shaker with the pinata, the waves paper and otter, the roses with the hearts... just perfect! Hugs, my friend, loved it all!

Lisa Elton said...

Your carousel cards are just wonderful and your shaker is perfectly festive! But my favorite is the beautiful card with the roses and hearts. They're all awesome Sharron!

Joyce said...

Wonderful collection of cards, Sharron. So bright and cheerful.

Marybeth said...

Wow that shaker is absolutely gorgeous with the confetti! The happy birthday card with the hearts is stunning and I so love the colors! So many Fabulous and I do mean Fabulous cards,that shaker steals the show!
I hope you don't mind but I made a new link to your blog as the one that was there didn't work. Hope I didn't mess anything up... works now. Not sure if anyone else had trouble.

Darnell said...

Each card is gorgeous, Sharron! I love all the designs you came up with and how you really let the sensational DSP shine in each one! From that first shaker, all the unicorn cards just scream celebration! I love the feminine hearts and roses birthday card and the huggable otter Thinking of You card is a sweet delight!! Hugs, Darnell

Susie said...

Oh Sharron, I love your second card (the rose birthday card). All are absolutely lovely, but the birthday card really caught my eye! Gorgeous card!

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous cards, Sharron ... each one with it's own special deliciousness! My favourites ... those beautiful florals ... and that adorable, playful little otter! Sorry to be late coming by, we've had no internet for almost a week ... happy to be playing catch up now though! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron one delightful card after another!! I LOVE your pinata shaker card and your beautiful flower followed by the fun and festive amusement cards. Last week when I was in Wichita I was hoping that I could fit in meeting you but my flights in and out made it impossible--one day my friend! xo