Goodness, the summer has really flown by! Now on this last day of the month I am here with my July post for the 12 Kits of Occasions. Our fabulous hostess is Cathy from Empty Nest Crafter and the theme is none other than "Christmas in July". Seems that most of our members have had a busier than usual summer so it's fun to have this monthly get-together and a chance to share.
Sadly, one of our members has found it necessary to step down. Kelly, Gingham Girl, has found that her busy schedule means she must limit her crafting activities. We have loved the time she has been with us and always enjoy her incredible creations. We all wish you well, Kelly! You will be missed!!
If you haven't started on Christmas cards yet, we hope our projects this month will give you some inspiration. The photo below shows some of the marvelous supplies Cathy put together. I instantly fell in love with the wonderful patterned papers and knew I would definitely be using the deer! Thanks, Cathy!!! This has been a fantastic kit! I was amazed how the cards came together so easily. And I still have so many supplies to enjoy!
We also have a special guest designer with us this month. Lisa Elton of My Paper Tales has some wonderful projects for you to see. Be sure to visit her blog and give her a little love! I'm anxious to see what she's done with Cathy's kit too. Just click HERE to connect with the 12 Kits blog and to links to Lisa's and all the 12 Kits members' blogs. A list of supplies for this month can be found at the top also.
![]() |
| PHOTO BY TRACEY |

16 comments:
great cards sharron!!
I have been looking forward to seeing what everyone did with my kit...Sharron, what a fabulous job! I love the shaker card...such a great idea and one I would NEVER have thought of using the wooden piece! I also really, really loved your plaid deer card. With that patterned paper and the die cut sentiment...it almost looks like you pinked the edges of the sentiment die. I had to zoom in really close to see how you could have done that to such a small piece! Ha! I also loved the black leaping deer card...so striking! Great job and look at all those cards you have made ready to send next Christmas!
Hi Sharron!! LOve, love, love the shaker card... and you KNOW I'm CASEing every little detail!!! Every card is charming and wonderful... sigh...
=] Michele
I am really loving your designs, Sharron! The stockings design and that wee snowman shaker card have me swooning!! Well done with Cathy's kit and, oh, yes, you gave me lots of inspiration which I really, really need cuz I'm so behind on making Christmas cards!! Thank you!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell
Sharron you never ever disappoint! Love each card and maybe I have a favorite... the snowman card, brilliant to make that into a shaker....happy I still have mine to use.
I loved hearing how busy you keep no sitting around for you and your hubby, I love that!
Gorgeous collection of cards Miss Sharron...they are all so beautiful. Your first card is my favorite, love your sweet snowman shaker. Such a clever and fun idea. Love your use of that stunning black deer, looks so striking on that beautiful red patterned background. Your coloring and cutting of the mantle is fabulous, looks so sweet!
Incredible line up of projects, Sharron. Love how you used my favorite deers, and those stockings are so fun. Love how you used that little merry frame and spotlighted that adorable snow man. So many wonderful cards, and I see quite a few things I can CASE because I still have those supplies.
Wonderful Christmas cards, Sharron! I think I like the cute little shaker card best, so sweet :)
Wonderful cards, Sharon! So full of Christmas. Love the shaker with the sweet squirrel perched on the snowman. And love how you put it on the b/w pattern.
Lots of things I love here Sharron! Brilliant how you used the die cuts/ images - love the little wood frame with the snowman inside, the glittery garland for a border, the way you used the dies to break up the pattern paper and solids - lots of wonderful techniques to break things up so the patterns dont get too busy. I could learn a few tricks from you my friend!!!
Wow Sharron, you have created quite a stir with your sweet little snowman shaker!!! I have to add that merry everything stocking card to my list of favourites, but seriously, all these Christmas cards are so much fun! I am sure the recipients will get just as much fun out of them as we do visiting them in blogland!
Oh, these are all wonderful!
What a pretty collection of cards Sharron!! Your shaker card featuring the wooden element from the kit is brilliant!!
Great inspiration for holiday cards, Sharron!
This kit looks fantastic and you have really made it shine with your amazing cards Sharron! My fave is the little wood shaker, the snowman looks like he was made to fit!
Sharron these cards are all so wonderful! Love the shaker card! Really love them all! Christmas crafting is my favorite! :)
Post a Comment